First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
Hey everyone so sounds like my build is progressing through the ranks and should be here hopefully soon! As someone who loves to work on stuff and builds things with my hands I’m ecstatic at the opportunity to buy something where the aftermarket is so deep.

That’s where I get confused. I’m definitely a poser because I’m new so I can fully admit that. Do I need extra lights? Are roof light bars douchey? What are no no’s? I’m definitely not adding angry eyes, ever lol.

Is this bumper bad?

https://www.roughcountry.com/jeep-f...K-C8iIpK4RO5Lt2ySH6Vxmi8dNimbHsEaAoQ_EALw_wcB

I’m also confused on if the bumper weight is bad for the Mojave front end? Or rear? I looked and it says the factory LED fogs don’t fit but their instructions completely contradict themselves. Do I lose the stock metal plate if I do this?

I like the idea of the light bars instead of lights on the hood. Pros? Cons?

Winch? Necessary for Colorado if you’re only planning mild off roading just to camp?

I want my Jeep to look cool and functional but I don’t want it to be obscenely over the top like some I’ve seen. The more I look the more I have no idea what to choose, what’s functional, what’s a waste of time etc.

Brands? I know of Baja and Diode but most of the rest are new to me.
Sponsored

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
Everyone has there own style and what they think looks cool. Some people only want purely functional things on their jeep, others are in to the look. I think the only thing that gets general consensus is never do angry eyes, just say no to the angry eyes or else we will all laugh at you.

OP
OP
Challenger85

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
Everyone has there own style and what they think looks cool. Some people only want purely functional things on their jeep, others are in to the look. I think the only thing that gets general consensus is never do angry eyes, just say no to the angry eyes or else we will all laugh at you.
They’re so bad lol. 😂 My heads just spinning over everything, I like so much but I don’t even know what I truly even need.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Cool and looks are in the eye of the beholder. YOU have to like it, NO ONE ELSE. For everyone who likes a certain thing, there will be those who do not and say as much.
IF yo don't love it, why bother?
IF you build it for others and not yourself, is it really YOUR Jeep?
Building to impress, is in my opinion "so high school"
I know fakebook and instacrap promote it all by focusing on "likes", very few people are actually themselves any more.
Build your Jeep YOUR way.

OP
OP
Challenger85

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
Cool and looks are in the eye of the beholder. YOU have to like it, NO ONE ELSE. For everyone who likes a certain thing, there will be those who do not and say as much.
IF yo don't love it, why bother?
IF you build it for others and not yourself, is it really YOUR Jeep?
Building to impress, is in my opinion "so high school"
I know fakebook and instacrap promote it all by focusing on "likes", very few people are actually themselves any more.
Build your Jeep YOUR way.
True, true. I’m not the kind of person who does anything for anyone else. But I also don’t want to be the guy that everyone points at and says, “dear god, nobody told him that makes you a total douche?”
😂

But most of the question was centered on installation of the bumpers/functionality. Brands and usefulness of specific things. I’ve read so much here and I like so much I just don’t know where to even start.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
True, true. I’m not the kind of person who does anything for anyone else. But I also don’t want to be the guy that everyone points at and says, “dear god, nobody told him that makes you a total douche?”
😂

But most of the question was centered on installation of the bumpers/functionality. Brands and usefulness of specific things. I’ve read so much here and I like so much I just don’t know where to even start.
Bumpers are all over the map. Some choose to save weight, some choose short bumpers, some like the full width, some like mid-width, some like the stock steel Rubicon bumper, some don't, some want them for looks, some want them for strength. Again, it's all over the map,
Choose a bumper based on what YOU will use YOUR Jeep for, or the look you are going after. There are multiple threads here on bumpers - front and rear.
There's a lot of bumpers members here have installed I really like and were close "2nds" for me, and a small number that I don't care for at all. That shouldn't matter to them as long as they like them and it serves their purpose.

Do you need a winch? Do you want one? Are you going off-road? Lots of questions may help find you the bumper for you.

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase
Hey everyone so sounds like my build is progressing through the ranks and should be here hopefully soon! As someone who loves to work on stuff and builds things with my hands I’m ecstatic at the opportunity to buy something where the aftermarket is so deep.

That’s where I get confused. I’m definitely a poser because I’m new so I can fully admit that. Do I need extra lights? Are roof light bars douchey? What are no no’s? I’m definitely not adding angry eyes, ever lol.

Is this bumper bad?

https://www.roughcountry.com/jeep-f...K-C8iIpK4RO5Lt2ySH6Vxmi8dNimbHsEaAoQ_EALw_wcB

I’m also confused on if the bumper weight is bad for the Mojave front end? Or rear? I looked and it says the factory LED fogs don’t fit but their instructions completely contradict themselves. Do I lose the stock metal plate if I do this?

Winch? Necessary for Colorado if you’re only planning mild off roading just to camp?

I want my Jeep to look cool and functional but I don’t want it to be obscenely over the top like some I’ve seen. The more I look the more I have no idea what to choose, what’s functional, what’s a waste of time etc.

I had, same as you many choices. I initially wanted to go aftermarket, then slept on it and finally went MoPar. The money was right, the engineering was there, I got a steel bumper with all the strength I wanted. The MoPar Off Road Lights are great and the ARE Topper is working out just fine. I got a winch although I will never intentionally crawl, just a desert roamer here but then you never know. It;s what's right for you....... By the wauy, I was out with the wife and when we left a store there were two little ducks on my door handle. I looked around the the Jeeper who left them was gone so i left on one on the door handle of another Jeep in the lot. Keep on Jeepin.

Atti Jeep 1.jpg

JKR Bump 1.jpg

JKR Bump 2.jpg

JT bed 3.jpg

JT bed 4.jpg

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase

Is this bumper bad?

I have a 2020 Rubicon and after adding the bumper, winch, skid plate, Winch pan and brackets I found there was NO difference n rake, steering, braking, or overall drive-ability. Don't even know its there.

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it
Here’s a novel idea. Why not just drive the thing as is and over time you’ll know exactly what you need and don’t need. If you’re really not into it to impress anyone else, what’s the rush?

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
I always give the same advice to every new Jeeper, don't do anything to it. Get it, drive it, start to know it, take it off road on some mild trails. You will find that a stock Jeep is very capable. Once you start to use it for what you want you will identify what you need and in what priority you need it. I am kind of a "lightbars are douchy" guy but I do drool a bit over the KC pro 6. I put a winch on right away but I am an experienced Jeeper and know what works for ME.
Maybe look for some Jeep groups in your area. They can be a wealth of good (and bad) info. Best advice is take your time and enjoy the journey, not the destination. I don't know anyone whose Jeep is "done".

Sponsored

Dan in Pasadena

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
I’m relatively new to Jeeps. Had a two door manual JK prior to my JTR but only for a year.

I put trail rails on mine and that’s it. I do NOT plan to bolt all sorts of shit to mine because I know I don’t need it. My opinion is that something more than 50% of the guys that do it never use it.

Tuggernuts

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Occupation
Truck driver
Seeing as it’s a Mojave that your getting, pay attention to weight. I’ve never owned a truck that is so weight conscious. Unless you plan on seriously wheeling the thing, look for a lightweight bumper. I went with the Rugged Ridge Arcus. It wasn’t my favorite but it’s fairly tough and lightweight. Fogs work with it as well. Other than that the Mojave doesn’t need much.

Tuggernuts

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Occupation
Truck driver
Also, my guess is that Rough Country bumper won’t mount up on the Mojave without messing with the skid plate and the factory fogs definitely won’t work.

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Army
Recovery gear…you decide what gear based on where you plan to go. Down here, we can go from dry hard pack to slick clay in minutes. Where you are presents a whole different set of possibilities.
Sponsored