Sponsored

HELP! Used Chrysler Security Connector now radio wont work

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I got the Y connector cause I am using a Bluetooth OBD2 connector. I pulled out the 2 plugs from underneath the dash, plugged them into the connector used my OBD 2 to adjust speedo and keep fog lights on when high beams are on. I unconnected the plugs from the Y connector and went to plug them back under the dash (think those are the CanBus?). Well the bigger plug (High CanBus?) Went right back in no problem. The smaller plug (low Canbus?) Does not go back into the plug very well and when I turned on the radio wasn't working at all. I pushed and pushed that plug as much as I can and nothing. Any idea what happened? And second thing if I plug those 2 plugs into the Y connector everything works. Is it okay to have those plugs left plugged into the Y Security connector all the time?

Thanks for any help you can give
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
That's called the Security Gateway (SGW for short) and it's a firewall.
While it's "OK" to leave the firewall bypassed, it can allow people more easy access to things - you've removed a firewall that was put in a few years ago after some folks proved in a "proof of concept" that Jeeps could be hacked.
Whatever you do, do not leave the Bluetooth adapter plugged into that bypass cable.

Yes, a cable not plugged into the gateway will cause issues - signals have no path through.
Did you not get extension cables so you don't have to try to reach CLEAR up to the SGW (firewall - the Security Gateway) to plug things back in again?

OP
OP
Carolina Overlander
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Yes I got the TTXSPP Chrysler 12+8 cable in order to make the changes to the system. That was what I was wondering if it is okay to leave that plugged into the 2 plugs all the time without the Bluetooth oBD 2 connected. I am just trying to wonder why that small plug will not go back into the factory plug but has no problem going into the Y connector.