Help with a lost wrench

saratonin

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Edit: I think the answer has been posted ( ; thanks @Cape taco12 and @Rockabillyroy !) Will restart the thread if I need further help.

I’m aware that this is dumb, but I suppose most of us have gotten into jams of our own making.

I was screwing panels back together after replacing the driver’s side knee panel speaker and dropped my wrench, of all places it could have fallen, down a tiny hole.

I want to pry off the panel I think it’s under, if possible, but I don’t know what the procedure is to do so, or what the panel is called, to look it up.

Please see the attached photo for more detail, if you think you can help with either a how-to or what that panel is called.

The yellow arrow points to the hole it fell down and the green arrow to the panel I want to remove.

Jeep Gladiator Help with a lost wrench BDD58B76-CA4C-487A-AB41-BF84A9E68F0C
Sponsored

Last edited:

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Retired Trucker. Current Sawyer
Pic?

Sponsored

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
I’m aware that this is dumb, but I suppose most of us have gotten into jams of our own making.

I was screwing panels back together, after replacing the driver’s side knee panel speaker, and dropped my wrench, of all places it could have fallen, down a tiny hole.

I want to pry off the panel I think it’s under, if possible, but I don’t know what the procedure is to do so, or what the panel is called, to look it up.

Please see the attached photo for more detail, if you think you can help with either a how-to or what that panel is called.

The yellow arrow points to the hole it fell down and the green arrow to the panel I want to remove.

Jeep Gladiator Help with a lost wrench BDD58B76-CA4C-487A-AB41-BF84A9E68F0C
You could possibly get by with pulling by hand. if your careful you can figure out by feel where the clips are. but a trim tool would be valuable. either way it is likely that the panel will bend ever so slightly and not go back perfect.... sadly, thats what happens to me anyway.

Sponsored

OP
OP
saratonin

saratonin

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Would a magnet on a string or telescopic pull it out?
I don't think so, as there's a lot of metal in and making up some of the walls of the hole that it's in, but I may go fishing anyway...

OP
OP
saratonin

saratonin

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Some things are best left donated the tool gods

i regularly sacrifice 10mm sockets
Haha! I agree, but I think it might rattle around, so I want to try to fish it out while I still have everything tore apart. It it's too hard to get to, I'll give tool sacrifice a shot before hiring a pro.

OP
OP
saratonin

saratonin

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
You could possibly get by with pulling by hand. if your careful you can figure out by feel where the clips are. but a trim tool would be valuable. either way it is likely that the panel will bend ever so slightly and not go back perfect.... sadly, thats what happens to me anyway.
Ah hm, thanks for the idea and caution.
Sponsored