Sponsored

Help with new speakers.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
I am looking to replace both the knee panel & sound bar speakers.

Have the Alpine PSS23WRA installed so I do have a little amp (Alpine KTP-445U 300w amp).

The Alpine sound bar upgrade seems to be quite overpriced so I have pretty much ruled it out.

I would like to keep the total cost under about 500 bucks.

With the Metra JP-1014 adapters for the knee panel & MB Quart JE1-169SB adapter for the sound bar that leaves me about 390 bucks for the speakers themselves.

I don't want to mount separate tweeters so looking just at coaxial speakers.

My goal is just louder clear sound for the time I have my top off (which is most of the time if the weather permits it).

Currently leaning towards Alpine S-S65 & Alpine S-S69 as they seem rather good for the price of 220 total (for all 4).

Is there a better option that would work as well with the little amp I already have.
Sponsored

Otis89

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Gas Utility
I had this same Alpine upgrade in our JLU. The power pack amplifier really does bring out the dash and sound bar speakers. Plus, the powered sub under the seat balances out the lows. I kept the factory 4" dash and sound bar speakers, but traded out the 3" tweeters with 2 sets of the Kicker 3" speaker upgrade. They sounded pretty good compared to the factory tweeters. Check out Mopar 77kick25ab and the will directly replace the dash/ sound bar tweets.

41RCWmLQgGL._AC_.jpg

XraytecH

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase
Kickers
47KSC3504 $62.96/pair
47KSC404 $80.96/pair

Note on the 404s, you do have to dremel out the stock speaker pods in the knee panels and sound bar. The holes are just a bit small.
Jeep Gladiator Help with new speakers. 38F24F53-B35C-409F-804C-2E7F457C7555

OP
OP
bastage

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered the alpines I listed in the op. Have the 6.5’s and all the adapter mounts at home already. The 6x9’s should be here later today

OP
OP
bastage

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
well I have just the 6x9's installed. The difference is HUGE... Only problem is one is popping if I put the volume to anything above a 14 on the head unit. That said up to 13 they are much louder then before with much clearer audio.

Sponsored

Stitchedupseats

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
well I have just the 6x9's installed. The difference is HUGE... Only problem is one is popping if I put the volume to anything above a 14 on the head unit. That said up to 13 they are much louder then before with much clearer audio.
Mine clip or rattle almost at medium volume too. No amp just stock. Used the 3.5” speaker plug because the 4” didn’t make hardly any sound when I plugged it in. Sound great at basic volume for normal listening. I would like to be able to crank it sometimes for my jam haha

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
Used the 3.5” speaker plug because the 4” didn’t make hardly any sound when I plugged it in.
Odd…
The 4” speaker is a full-range driver, and the 3-1/2” speaker is a tweeter, but the crossover is part of the speaker. Both connectors should sound the same.

Kevin

OP
OP
bastage

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Allrighty.. Mission complete.

Got the knee speakers changed out for the alpine 6.5's.. Imeaditly got popping at the same volume, but only on drivers side just like the 6x9's.. Looked at the eq & some moron (most likely my teenage daughter) had the bass turned ALL the way up. Turned it down to be just a +2 & clean clear audio up into the mid 20's.

Also through this whole ordeal I found that my sub wasnt doing anything. The power light came on, but no sound at all no matter what. Called Alpine & they helped diagnose it as being a bad sub.. But its been there & is out of warranty so I had to order another. Got it stand alone & paid for the stupid 3 year extended warranty on amazon since this thing lasted less then a year (at least I assume so, I dont know when it went out exactly).

So for now everything audio related short of the head unit has been replaced. And that will be, just a matter of when I find something that seems like its worth the money that doesnt have big draw backs.
Sponsored