First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator sport
Occupation
Grounds manager
I got a set of takeoff Rubicon fenders today. The problem is I got it in pieces. Lol. What are these two clips in this big bracket for? I want to make sure I have all the pieces before I take mine off.
Jeep Gladiator Help with rubicon fender install 36E3DCD0-90D6-4BF7-B1EE-7FC0F0F5D1FC
Jeep Gladiator Help with rubicon fender install 36E3DCD0-90D6-4BF7-B1EE-7FC0F0F5D1FC
Sponsored

OP
OP

Tommyd

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Grounds manager
Sorry for two pictures haha first time uploading a photo 😬

NCLife

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Mojave
At the risk of being too presumptuous, did you Google installation instructions for Rubicon fenders? Also YouTube is a great source. You'll learn what the part is and how to install them overall. Good luck.

mdyucca

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
I installed Rubicon fenders and had nothing like that bracket. Mine came complete with lights and harness. When you remove your original fenders you may have several of the fender clips brake. I had about 10 I had to replace between right and left sides. When you do the swap you want to make sure you have extras available. I got nothing on that bracket.

OP
OP

Tommyd

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Grounds manager
I installed Rubicon fenders and had nothing like that bracket. Mine came complete with lights and harness. When you remove your original fenders you may have several of the fender clips brake. I had about 10 I had to replace between right and left sides. When you do the swap you want to make sure you have extras available. I got nothing on that bracket.
Maybe he threw it in the box and it has nothing to do with it. Will me sport fender clips work? I’ll have those as spares if they do. Thanks!

Sponsored

DLAW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Nissan Pathfinder, '08 Honda Civic, '12 Honda CR-V, '16 Honda Odyssey, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Predicting the future
First thing first: Buy something like this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07W3KKQBF
Currently only $8, and it will give you some insurance that if you need something, you will have it. You might actually need all three of those different types.

The white clips, I do not recall seeing those in my install. Even if it really is for the fender, they appear to be so small and weak, I doubt they matter for anything.

Earlier this year, I have some photos of a fender repair I did. You can find it in my history. The outer fender itself has a couple internal reinforcement plastic brackets that use screws to attach. That's what the black bracket is and mine broke after hitting a deer. In my photo, you will also see the wheel well cover, that is also attached to the fender, and I detached it just enough to peel it back so I can get inside the fender. So between screws and those 3 clips from amazon, that's whole the entire Fender is held together.

I just watched a couple youtube videos to make sure I was installing the Fender correctly. Quadratec has basic one to show you all the screw and clip locations.

A couple tips I learned along the way:

1. The Fender Flare Clips (the rectangular ones) will attach to the fender itself much easier if you warm up the fender location first. I was doing this in the cold, and had to use a hair dryer.

2. The Fender Flare Clips will clip on to your Jeep's body VERY easily. So be careful if you are just doing a test fit. Sometimes one will catch, and then you need to pry it off.

3. When prying off Fender Clips, there is the "rip off and break some" method, or you can use that fastener removal tool. The goal here is to squeeze together the V shape from the back side, and that tool has a fork that if you wiggle it around on the V, it can help get the clip out without breaking it.

4. The lighting electrical plug is a little tricky. It has a tiny little red plastic lock on it. Don't force anything or it will break. I broke off my lock, and then I had to use a zip tie to make sure it didn't come undone.

Good luck!

mdyucca

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
Maybe he threw it in the box and it has nothing to do with it. Will me sport fender clips work? I’ll have those as spares if they do. Thanks!
I was thinking the same “extra part” the sport clips will work. Looks like it’s coming together for you.

XraytecH

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase
I got a set of takeoff Rubicon fenders today. The problem is I got it in pieces. Lol. What are these two clips in this big bracket for? I want to make sure I have all the pieces before I take mine off.
36E3DCD0-90D6-4BF7-B1EE-7FC0F0F5D1FC.jpeg
36E3DCD0-90D6-4BF7-B1EE-7FC0F0F5D1FC.jpeg
Those white clips go here...

OP
OP

Tommyd

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Grounds manager
At the risk of being too presumptuous, did you Google installation instructions for Rubicon fenders? Also YouTube is a great source. You'll learn what the part is and how to install them overall. Good luck.
Yes and I don’t see these pieces. Maybe I will see when I remove old ones

OP
OP

Tommyd

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Grounds manager
The brackets in my picture looks like the pie
Those white clips go here...
he pulls off when he removes the light itself. Hhmmmm interesting. Thanks that’s a helpful video!

Sponsored

XraytecH

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase
The brackets in my picture looks like the pie

he pulls off when he removes the light itself. Hhmmmm interesting. Thanks that’s a helpful video!
Yeah, look like the previous owner of those fenders swapped out the factory turns. That black plastic bracket slots behind the factory turns.

OP
OP

Tommyd

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Grounds manager
Yeah, look like the previous owner of those fenders swapped out the factory turns. That black plastic bracket slots behind the factory turns.
That would explain no bulbs 😭
So the bracket goes behind the light or in front of? Facing the front of the truck that is.

OP
OP

Tommyd

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Grounds manager
all done!!! Now I need wheels because rubicon fenders are wider haha. Dang!

augiegallardo

First Name
Augie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
I brought fenders off of someone a few months ago and went to install them now and noticed this piece was broken on one of them. Does anyone know what part it is and where I can buy a replacement?
Sponsored