FirecrackerJeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport Maxtow
Hi,

First of all, apologies in advance if this makes no sense. I'm a total noob when it comes to running wiring. I'm ordering an SPod Bantam and think I have a clear understanding of how to wire that. Once that's installed, I have a Quadratec J5 light bar that I'm going to install. Non-SPod installation instructions are here: https://www.quadratec.com/sites/def...ladiator-jt-install-instructions-patented.pdf

This is where I get confused. What I ultimately want to accomplish is having two switches, one that powers the main light bar and another that turns the clearance cab lights on the light bar on/off.

I know that in general with an SPod, you just get rid of the wiring harnesses and wire the accessory directly to the SPod. And that makes sense for the main wire coming out the J5--I'll just wire that directly to a switch on the SPod. Where I'm lost is what to do with the "accessory wire" that you use for the 5 clearance cab lights in the bar. It looks to me (see the instructions on wiring this bar on the TJ) like that is just a single wire, not a positive and negative, so I don't see how I can wire that to a separate switch on the SPod. So what do I do?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Sponsored

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
Hi,

First of all, apologies in advance if this makes no sense. I'm a total noob when it comes to running wiring. I'm ordering an SPod Bantam and think I have a clear understanding of how to wire that. Once that's installed, I have a Quadratec J5 light bar that I'm going to install. Non-SPod installation instructions are here: https://www.quadratec.com/sites/def...ladiator-jt-install-instructions-patented.pdf

This is where I get confused. What I ultimately want to accomplish is having two switches, one that powers the main light bar and another that turns the clearance cab lights on the light bar on/off.

I know that in general with an SPod, you just get rid of the wiring harnesses and wire the accessory directly to the SPod. And that makes sense for the main wire coming out the J5--I'll just wire that directly to a switch on the SPod. Where I'm lost is what to do with the "accessory wire" that you use for the 5 clearance cab lights in the bar. It looks to me (see the instructions on wiring this bar on the TJ) like that is just a single wire, not a positive and negative, so I don't see how I can wire that to a separate switch on the SPod. So what do I do?

Thanks in advance for any help.
The J5 gets it's ground off the main wire.
You are correct, the Clearance lights are POS only.
The SPod is POS/NEG from the switch? I would call SPod first but you should be able to just run the POS. Do you have the physical switches or the screen switches? if its the screen, you may have to ground the switch NEG to complete the circuit.

OP
OP
FirecrackerJeff

FirecrackerJeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport Maxtow
The J5 gets it's ground off the main wire.
You are correct, the Clearance lights are POS only.
The SPod is POS/NEG from the switch? I would call SPod first but you should be able to just run the POS. Do you have the physical switches or the screen switches? if its the screen, you may have to ground the switch NEG to complete the circuit.
I'm going to get the HD panel. I will call SPod. I No big deal to run the negative to ground if needed.
Sponsored