Website
www.flowcode.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 5.7 Hemi, '21 JLUR 392, '84 CJ7, '69 CJ5
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Realtor
I should've started this thread last May, but I guess now is as good a time as any, right?

This is #HuckleberryJeep. After many years of TJs & JKs, Jeep finally produced what I've been waiting for all along, and I couldn't be happier. I've put 22K miles on her so far and they've been the best, most enjoyable miles of my life.

The Gladiator has really got my wheels turning on a different outdoors lifestyle. We've been RVing as a family for several years and have had a great time, but now that the youngest are getting older and more self-sufficient, we're taking a step back from the RV world and going for a smaller footprint, so we can expose them to the primitive/tent world and take them places we didn't camp before, going back to a less-is-more camping experience. The potential in this truck is perfect for us. In addition to being our overland project, it's my daily driver and our weekend workhouse. We use it for our road trips, lake trips (towing a 21' Sea Ray), weekend projects hauls, wheeling trips, and plain ole fun exploring the world around us. We're really looking forward to getting higher up with the bears & the aspens and showing the kids more about outdoor living. The boys are also pretty involved in modifying the Jeeps.

So far, my mods have been pretty basic, just making it more trail capable and organized/usable than it already was. My fab guy is starting on the next big phase tomorrow, so I'll be posting that progress here. To this point, here are the mods I've done:
Since this build is basically combining our previous setup of a '16 JKU AND a 31' motorhome (pic below), a lot of my ideas & plans are pretty extreme, so stay tuned as we work through those and see what can and can't be done. It's going to be a blast!

The current state of #HuckleberryJeep:

Jeep Gladiator #campNcrawlR Build {filename}

Our previous setup:

Jeep Gladiator #campNcrawlR Build {filename}
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
#HuckleberryJeep

#HuckleberryJeep

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flowcode.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Realtor
Been pretty focused on a big phase of the build for the past couple of months, so all the smaller mods got put on hold for now.

One of the main things I've looked for since I got my JT is a bed rack that looks great, works with a tonneau or softopper, and is completely adaptable, depending on what my needs are for any given trip. I needed to be able to quickly/easily mount my Maxtrax, RotoPax, snowboard racks, RTT, etc, in multiple configurations. I couldn't find anything that checked all the boxes, so I decided to have it custom built. Here's where we ended up:

Last edited:

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
Been pretty focused on a big phase of the build for the past couple of months, so all the smaller mods got put on hold for now.

One of the main things I've looked for since I got my JT is a bed rack that looks great, works with a tonneau or softopper, and is completely adaptable, depending on what my needs are for any given trip. I needed to be able to quickly/easily mount my Maxtrax, RotoPax, snowboard racks, RTT, etc, in multiple configurations. I couldn't find anything that checked all the boxes, so I decided to have it custom built. Here's where we ended up:
Jeep Gladiator #campNcrawlR Build Screen Shot 2020-08-15 at 3.22.57 PM

Nice job on the rack! Nothing better than building exactly what you want. :rock:

NEWBWHEELER

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer ST, 2020 Hydro blue Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Free loader

That is easily the best setup that I have seen to date! The bumper is spot on and the roof rack soft topper combo is brilliant. But I’ve got to ask. What did all that fabrication cost?
Feel free to PM me if you don’t feel like throwing it out in public.

Absolutely an awsome build!:like:

OP
OP
#HuckleberryJeep

#HuckleberryJeep

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flowcode.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Realtor
Jeep Gladiator #campNcrawlR Build Screen Shot 2020-08-15 at 3.22.57 PM

Nice job on the rack! Nothing better than building exactly what you want. :rock:
Thanks! Definitely happier with the function than I would've been with something off the shelf.

Sponsored

OP
OP
#HuckleberryJeep

#HuckleberryJeep

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flowcode.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Realtor
That is easily the best setup that I have seen to date! The bumper is spot on and the roof rack soft topper combo is brilliant. But I’ve got to ask. What did all that fabrication cost?
Feel free to PM me if you don’t feel like throwing it out in public.

Absolutely an awsome build!:like:
It wasn't cheap for sure, but about what I would've paid for a quality pre-fab bed rack, roof rack, sliders, bumper, and swing-gate from Road Armor or a similar company.

Gatorac

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow, Mazda Miata, Audi SQ5
Occupation
Motor-sports Event Manager
That is really well thought out and executed. Nice work.

OP
OP
#HuckleberryJeep

#HuckleberryJeep

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flowcode.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Realtor

Schreconjeep

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 StingGray JTRD, '09 Prius, '15 Odyssey
GEEZUS!!! That is exactly what I have been thinking up in my little pea-brain. A chase rack for every day, extendable for RTT with full canvas interior cover to keep dogs/gear dry and dust out. I hope @Maximus-3 is paying attention. I even like the over the cab bit but i have a soft top so probably keeping that space clear.

Anyway, well done all the way around!

OP
OP
#HuckleberryJeep

#HuckleberryJeep

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flowcode.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Realtor
GEEZUS!!! That is exactly what I have been thinking up in my little pea-brain. A chase rack for every day, extendable for RTT with full canvas interior cover to keep dogs/gear dry and dust out. I hope @Maximus-3 is paying attention. I even like the over the cab bit but i have a soft top so probably keeping that space clear.

Anyway, well done all the way around!
Thanks man. That's the beauty of custom fab. You get what fits your needs best.

Personally, I never really remove the rear half of the hardtop and have a Bestop sunrider for the front, so using that area over the rear passengers just made sense.

Already planning out some upgrades on this as well. Stay tuned!

Sponsored

OP
OP
#HuckleberryJeep

#HuckleberryJeep

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flowcode.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Realtor
Call me crazy, but I did a thing over Labor Day weekend.

I'd found a new Hemi-swapped Rubicon sitting on a lot in Myrtle Beach a couple of weeks previously and had been beating them up pretty good. I finally got them to an acceptable number, so I stripped down the black JT and we headed to the beach for a vacay and made the trade. Now I'm starting over, but with Sting Gray and a 5.7 Hemi.

I'd said since day 1 that the only thing that could ever make me sell my JT was a Hemi. I never had any complaints about the 3.6 & 8spd auto, but that 383HP & 425tq is going to be nice for towing the boat and the eventual off-road trailer I plan to build.

I'd already ordered a new lift for the other truck, so we'll be slapping that on the new truck this week and installing all the steel we fabbed up previously. Can't wait to get this baby up off the ground!

OP
OP
#HuckleberryJeep

#HuckleberryJeep

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flowcode.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Realtor
Quick update on the progress. Got most of the Rock Krawler 3" Pro-X No Limits lift done (still waiting on the coilovers), adjustable Fox shocks out back, the 38" Pats & Method Holes all around, and all the steel on this beast. Loaded up the tent and other gear, and took a few trips. Even brought home a little iron from a show.

This thing is becoming even better than I imagined it would be.

The AAL fender chop kit is still on backorder, but I'm about to install the CB, hardwire the fridge, and tie up a few other loose ends. Then we're up for regear, new axle shafts, and some more fabrication. Also planning out the bed and how I want all the camping gear configured.

Get the visuals on Insta and stay tuned!

Last edited:
OP
OP
#HuckleberryJeep

#HuckleberryJeep

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flowcode.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Realtor
Well, we finally got the lift finished up. As much as I love the product, I could never recommend Rock Krawler after the clown show they put on trying to get this wrapped up.

Anyway, here she is with the AAL fender chop, inner fenders, and the coilovers. To say I'm pleased with how it's turning out would be the understatement of the year.

Still much more to come. I need a few days of downtime to get some other installs done.

OP
OP
#HuckleberryJeep

#HuckleberryJeep

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flowcode.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Realtor
Finally got the UpDownAir system installed. Now on to the air compressor, tank, and horns.

OP
OP
#HuckleberryJeep

#HuckleberryJeep

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flowcode.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Realtor
I've spent what little spare time I've had the past few months finally starting some of my plans the bed, to minimize all the time-consuming loading & unloading during camping season.

I tried the decked drawers for a bit, but decided I can build better, so that project is fully underway. It'll be a pretty elaborate setup, with 5 slides ;) I'll post more as it progresses.

I also just built out an auxiliary power box for the bed, to power the fridge and rear lighting & accessories, independent of the starter battery. And the solar side of it is working flawlessly!

Sponsored