Sponsored

HIDprojectors.com Bi-LED JL / Gladiator Projector Headlights install & output pics

rob_o

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Don't buy these.

I wanted to post this in a separate section from my build thread (which can be located Here )

The stock halogen headlights on the gladiators & JL's are absolutely terrible so i needed to upgrade them, here's a picture of stock vs the Bi-LED projector headlights & a step by step guide on how to put them in. Mine are a very highly modified "Expedition Series" build which have halos installed in them along with body color matched paint. i will wire up the halos at a later date. As i mentioned in my build thread i have fenders coming so i will wire everything together once they arrive.

These headlights are the brightest on the market, much brighter than even the mopar LED lights. Here's a comparison from stock OEM halogen to HIDprojectors.com Bi-LED lights.

Scroll down for complete install guide.

Here's the install guide, it should take a first timer 15-30 minutes to get your lights up and running.

You'll notice my LED drivers for the halos, these will be wired in at a later date. If you get a regular expedition series set you won't have these extras.

Output.jpg

2.2.jpg

1.1.jpg

3.3.jpg

4.4.jpg

5.5.jpg

6.6.jpg

8.8.jpg

9.9.jpg

10.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
rob_o

rob_o

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Got some updated pics for you all

Jeep Gladiator HIDprojectors.com  Bi-LED JL / Gladiator Projector Headlights install & output pics Collage 2021-07-22 22_05_54

Jeep Gladiator HIDprojectors.com  Bi-LED JL / Gladiator Projector Headlights install & output pics 20210722_220206

Jeep Gladiator HIDprojectors.com  Bi-LED JL / Gladiator Projector Headlights install & output pics 20210715_014349

Low beam:

Jeep Gladiator HIDprojectors.com  Bi-LED JL / Gladiator Projector Headlights install & output pics Collage 2021-07-22 22_04_33

Jeep Gladiator HIDprojectors.com  Bi-LED JL / Gladiator Projector Headlights install & output pics 20210722_220159

Jeep Gladiator HIDprojectors.com  Bi-LED JL / Gladiator Projector Headlights install & output pics 20210715_014406

OP
OP
rob_o

rob_o

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Because I removed my factory halogen turn signals & running light assembly entirely i will need to get the vehicle programmed from the dealer for LED lights, even with 50watt 6ohm resistors the truck will occasionally think there is a bulb out, but its intermittent. I won't be able to get into the dealer for a couple weeks so I'm okay with it for now.

If you plan to retain your factory turn signals & DRL you do not need to reprogram the jeep, it'll work just fine with the stock bulbs in place after you tap in for power. no bulb out messages.

Got the halos wired in, requires removing your inner fenders to access the wiring, I did the inner fender delete mod & have metalcloak inner fenders so this was easy. I did re route the turn signal wiring into the engine bay instead of running along the inner fender.

on my jeep:

the white/green wire is the turn signal

white / brown is DRL key on

Grounded to black

The Halos installed in this pair of headlights in particular are switchback. The can be run white all the time & switch to amber when signaling. They will automatically go back to white when you stop signaling.

Alternatively, you could wire the amber function into your DRL and keep them amber all the time if you wanted too.

For me I'm staying white. Sorry for the poor quality photos - it's getting dark here and lighting isn't the greatest right now. I will have some baller shots tomorrow I promise!

Jeep Gladiator HIDprojectors.com  Bi-LED JL / Gladiator Projector Headlights install & output pics 20210730_195019

OP
OP
rob_o

rob_o

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
Build Thread
Link
better photos

thumbnail.jpeg-12.jpg

thumbnail.jpeg-8.jpg

Screenshot_20210801-202754_Gallery.jpg

Sponsored

redfish

First Name
Scot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL, JT
Occupation
Strategic Account Executive
@rob_o I am considering getting these, the model without the halo, and not replacing my fender lights , so just to confirm these will be plug and play , I have a tazer lite and don't want to upgrade to mini just for lights

OP
OP
rob_o

rob_o

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
Build Thread
Link
@rob_o I am considering getting these, the model without the halo, and not replacing my fender lights , so just to confirm these will be plug and play , I have a tazer lite and don't want to upgrade to mini just for lights
Correct, no halos = plugs right in.

Lateralus

Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Great write up! These look like very nice lights.

OP
OP
rob_o

rob_o

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Update:

LED driver for one of the angel eyes went bad, had to get a replacement directly from Diode Dynamics.
Sponsored