Sponsored

High Altitude, yay or nay?

Yolobaggins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Been seeing lots of good deals on High Altitude trims near me, about 13k off in some dealers.

After seeing the crappy reveal of the 24, I want to pull the trigger on a good deal 23

The main reason I’m looking interested in the High Altitude is the price discount and it comes standard with the blind spot monitoring and backup assist (most on the lots now don’t have this group due to the shortages). Plus, this will be a family hauler, no off roading

However I know it’s a weird looking trim and gets a lot of hate

The bumper I was going to replace anyway so that’s on feature I can fix. But what about the 20inch wheels? I want to out 35s and lift it. Any issues with that?

Any other thoughts?
Sponsored

Yona

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jt high alt
love mine, added some rubi axles and i have best of both worlds if its needed

JeepCode4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Gladiator HA
I love mine. It came with everything I wanted which just happened to be everything. I kept finding Mojave and rubicon models with no premium features so this was the best. The HA has the wide Dana 44s.

I run 35.4” tires on mine, 1.5” level on the front, and Fox ATS steering stabilizer, Fox elite shocks, rubicon bumper, and some other small mods and it’s perfect.

One thing, don’t try and put larger tires on it without swapping the shocks, the stock shocks are crap and are designed for those 20” wheels and tires that come with it, and nothing more.

TheOpa

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 High Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber stuff
I have a 2021 HA and like it a lot. As noted by others it comes with lots of the features, including the heavy duty wide Dana 44’s. I did a Clayton 2.5” lift and 35’s and like the look. I did change the wheels to 17” so I could go with polished aluminum. Unless you want something specific offered on other trims like the factory lockers or 4.10 gears you will likely be very happy with your choice.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Yolobaggins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
I love mine. It came with everything I wanted which just happened to be everything. I kept finding Mojave and rubicon models with no premium features so this was the best. The HA has the wide Dana 44s.

I run 35.4” tires on mine, 1.5” level on the front, and Fox ATS steering stabilizer, Fox elite shocks, rubicon bumper, and some other small mods and it’s perfect.

One thing, don’t try and put larger tires on it without swapping the shocks, the stock shocks are crap and are designed for those 20” wheels and tires that come with it, and nothing more.
I have a 2021 HA and like it a lot. As noted by others it comes with lots of the features, including the heavy duty wide Dana 44’s. I did a Clayton 2.5” lift and 35’s and like the look. I did change the wheels to 17” so I could go with polished aluminum. Unless you want something specific offered on other trims like the factory lockers or 4.10 gears you will likely be very happy with your choice.
Awesome! Do you have any pictures to share?

Tkcdyer

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator High Altitude black/grey int
Occupation
Nurse Supervisor
Been seeing lots of good deals on High Altitude trims near me, about 13k off in some dealers.

After seeing the crappy reveal of the 24, I want to pull the trigger on a good deal 23

The main reason I’m looking interested in the High Altitude is the price discount and it comes standard with the blind spot monitoring and backup assist (most on the lots now don’t have this group due to the shortages). Plus, this will be a family hauler, no off roading

However I know it’s a weird looking trim and gets a lot of hate

The bumper I was going to replace anyway so that’s on feature I can fix. But what about the 20inch wheels? I want to out 35s and lift it. Any issues with that?

Any other thoughts?
Personally I’ve got a ‘22 and love it. my options were the sprayin bedliner, adaptive cruise control and Selec Trac. I like the standard wheels and the tires dont make a lot of noise like the off road. Seats are extremely comfortable on long rides (8-10 hrs). Whatever you choose you’ll like it. Good luck.

JeepCode4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Gladiator HA

Casique

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HA Gladiator, 2011 FLHX, 2022 MDX
All depends on you needs. I use mine as a daily commuter, no need for significant off-road stuff, works in the snow, and other fowl weather. I love mine, does everything I need right.

Last edited:

Shift Happens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mojave
Occupation
IT
Can have everything added on that any other can except max-tow right?
I don't like the look of them one bit, but if I had one and replaced the bumpers I think it'd be fine(for me)

Sponsored

Reddout99

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2021 80th Anniversary JT Sport S
Occupation
Cad Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I like them. A coworker of mine has a black 2020. Super nice

Ogre_FL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wranger JL 2 Door, Gladiator 80th
The color match bumpers (front & rear) are the only things that I find really over the top with the HA.
The capability package is actually a pretty nice set up for right off the lot.

Jeep Gladiator High Altitude, yay or nay? 9