First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Electrician
I know not all inner fenders are created equal , I have a friend who went with the Motobilts and surprisingly rubs in a spot that the stock inners did not , the Metalcloak inners appear to be a little more open inside... Question is , what inner fenders out there have the absolute best clearance?
Sponsored

Kindafearless

First Name
Elise
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rublicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Enginerd
I obviously haven't tried them all, but from my research this is what I saw:

* Nemesis conforms the best to the components that are inside the fenders (in theory creating the best clearance).
* Artec is more of a simple design, but still conforms pretty well. (Though there are a lots of bolts to remove if you want to take them out)
* American Adventure Lab seems to have the quickest disconnect design, but they look like they'll rub in a couple places at full stuff (study the pictures on their website and you'll see rub marks on some of those trucks).

I run the Artec's and up to 37 in tires never had a problem with rubbing. Just installed 40s, but don't have experience at full flex with them yet.

This is my favorite full stuff picture. That groove was super deep (deeper than it looks in the picture) and the truck was basically flexed out.

Jeep Gladiator Highest Clearance Inner Fenders? IMG_1195.JPG

OP
OP
MikeP1976

MikeP1976

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electrician

* Nemesis conforms the best to the components that are inside the fenders (in theory creating the best clearance).
* Artec is more of a simple design, but still conforms pretty well. (Though there are a lots of bolts to remove if you want to take them out)
* American Adventure Lab seems to have the quickest disconnect design, but they look like they'll rub in a couple places at full stuff (study the pictures on their website and you'll see rub marks on some of those trucks).

I run the Artec's and up to 37 in tires never had a problem with rubbing. Just installed 40s, but don't have experience at full flex with them yet.

This is my favorite full stuff picture. That groove was super deep (deeper than it looks in the picture) and the truck was basically flexed out.

How are those Artec Inners doing now that you've had the 40's on for a while?

zuki_dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 miata & cherokee, 06 ram 2500, 15 mustang,
Occupation
Aircraft Examiner
I have 37 patagonias on 4.5" bs 17x 8.5" wheels and have rub marks in both front fenders at full flex. That is with 3" of bump stop at the axle. I also got some rub marks on the front grill on the passenger side.

I am going to 3.5" bs 17x9's and 40 " Nittos I will have to see how much they will rub.

Sponsored

Escape.idiocracy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jt
Occupation
Hitchhiker

What rear bumper are you running? Looks like it’s aluminum correct?

OP
OP
MikeP1976

MikeP1976

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electrician
I have 37 patagonias on 4.5" bs 17x 8.5" wheels and have rub marks in both front fenders at full flex. That is with 3" of bump stop at the axle. I also got some rub marks on the front grill on the passenger side.

I am going to 3.5" bs 17x9's and 40 " Nittos I will have to see how much they will rub.

Running which inner fenders?

Kindafearless

First Name
Elise
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Enginerd
What rear bumper are you running? Looks like it’s aluminum correct?
Correct, that’s the aluminum Genright.

It’s great, I very much recommend it. The welds are gorgeous. It’s been dropped on rocks, backed into trees, and has tagged many various objects as I maneuver the giant truck through trails made for tjs :P

Tommyd

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator sport
Occupation
Grounds manager

Jeep Gladiator Highest Clearance Inner Fenders? AD326BD8-75D9-4A2C-96EA-294A975084A6
Zero rubbing, they are handling the 40s like champs.

Jeep Gladiator Highest Clearance Inner Fenders? AD326BD8-75D9-4A2C-96EA-294A975084A6

What wheel offset are these methods your running?

Sponsored

Kindafearless

First Name
Elise
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Enginerd
Equivalent of 3”. There is plenty of space to run 3.5” though.

OP
OP
MikeP1976

MikeP1976

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electrician
Equivalent of 3”. There is plenty of space to run 3.5” though.

When you say the equivalent of 3" , what wheel offset and what spacer did you end up going with , I'm on -18 offset wheels currently and will likely end up running spacers myself.

Kindafearless

First Name
Elise
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Enginerd
I’m running 4.75 backspacing (which was perfect for 37s) wheels. It has 1.75” spidertrax spacers now for the 40s.