Sponsored

Honda Ridgeline Black much less than i thought

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I swear i priced out an all options Ridgeline Black Edition last year and it was $54,000. I do it today and its only $45,000. I know that's not what most here are looking for, but has anybody noticed a huge price drop in them? Maybe its cuz i looked RIGHT when they came out?
Sponsored

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Honda had 2 blunders on the Ridgeline. If they made the spare tire compartment just a tad deeper than you would have been able to fit a full sized spare there instead of a mini spare. You have a car load of passengers and a bed load of luggage and ya get a flat. No problem just put the spare on. But then what do you do with the flat tire? You can’t put it where the spare was stowed, no room in the bed or inside. So you either put it in someone’s lap or leave it on the side if the road. Hard to believe it could happen but this happened to a friend of mine when they got a flat with their Honda Fit. I would never have a car that did not come with a full sized spare for this very reason.

The other really stupid thing that Honda did was to not have a locking tailgate. Sure the trunk in the bed locks. Put a tonneau cover on it. Put your valuables and luggage in the bed and then hit the power locks. The doors are locked but not the tailgate itself. Anyone can walk up to any Ridgeline and just open the tailgate and help themselves to whatever is in the bed of the truck, totally unlocked. No kidding.

No chance of that happening with a Gladiator.

Sponsored

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
I swear i priced out an all options Ridgeline Black Edition last year and it was $54,000. I do it today and its only $45,000. I know that's not what most here are looking for, but has anybody noticed a huge price drop in them? Maybe its cuz i looked RIGHT when they came out?
Must have been an error. Small MSRP change on them. Delivery went up a bit

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda had 2 blunders on the Ridgeline. If they made the spare tire compartment just a tad deeper than you would have been able to fit a full sized spare there instead of a mini spare. You have a car load of passengers and a bed load of luggage and ya get a flat. No problem just put the spare on. But then what do you do with the flat tire? You can’t put it where the spare was stowed, no room in the bed or inside. So you either put it in someone’s lap or leave it on the side if the road. Hard to believe it could happen but this happened to a friend of mine when they got a flat with their Honda Fit. I would never have a car that did not come with a full sized spare for this very reason.

The other really stupid thing that Honda did was to not have a locking tailgate. Sure the trunk in the bed locks. Put a tonneau cover on it. Put your valuables and luggage in the bed and then hit the power locks. The doors are locked but not the tailgate itself. Anyone can walk up to any Ridgeline and just open the tailgate and help themselves to whatever is in the bed of the truck, totally unlocked. No kidding.

No chance of that happening with a Gladiator.
LOL, those are interesting points. Can't believe they don't have a locking tailgate. I could just find myself in the spare situation. Pull over, put on the spare and go, DOH, what to do with this full size wheel. hopefully have a tie down and just strap it on top of your other stuff.

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Must have been an error. Small MSRP change on them. Delivery went up a bit
yeah....maybe i'm remembering things incorrectly. $54,000, $45,000 dyslexia perhaps

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
no doubt, either way, I was checking them out as well. I found it hard to drop that kind of money on a truck that could only tow 5k.

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
no doubt, either way, I was checking them out as well. I found it hard to drop that kind of money on a truck that could only tow 5k.
I gave up on the ridgeline a while ago but recently with all this speculation about high prices, i'm reconsidering everything. But that's a good point i forgot about the "5k towing". Bah.....

Sponsored

IWantAJeepGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I gave up on the ridgeline a while ago but recently with all this speculation about high prices, i'm reconsidering everything. But that's a good point i forgot about the "5k towing". Bah.....

Good points! I will have to look again, but I don't think I am a huge fan of the front. Not "trucky" enough. Remember though, other than the sport with the max tow, the numbers on the other Gladiator trims are about as lame as the 5k for the Honda...

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good points! I will have to look again, but I don't think I am a huge fan of the front. Not "trucky" enough. Remember though, other than the sport with the max tow, the numbers on the other Gladiator trims are about as lame as the 5k for the Honda...
Rubicon is still 7k

Slojo

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK Unlimited X, 2011 Grand Cherokee, 2016 Colorado Z 71
I have never seen a Ridgeline priced higher than the high 40s.

noside85

First Name
Edison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Sting Gray
I think they come w locking tailgate now The new gens look better than the older, but still off.