Sponsored

Hot/Cold HVAC Buttons... Shortcuts for Max hot/Max Cold?

Bonanza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow Punk'n
A year into my gladiator ownership, one of the things that just plain SUCKS about the change from the JK to the JL/T is the HVAC/radio controls. I never use a dial to tune the radio-- that should be a button. Changing the vents from dash-floot-mix should be a knob (win for JK). Changing the blower fan temp should be a knob (win for JK). It is sooo frustrating to tap the blue/red arrows twenty times to go from max heat to max cold and vice versa. I dislike opening the climate screen to do so as well to operate the sliders. Brain-scratching change by the designers, but it is what it is.

My question is whether there is a shortcut or trick to get the temp to go max hot or max cold with one or two tactile button presses. I've had this happen before where I've seen the temp jump 15-20 degrees when I'm spamming it, but I can't recreate this reliably. Is there a trick I'm missing?

Before it's suggested, I hate automatic temp controls, in every vehicle I've ever been in. The JT is no exception.
Sponsored

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Why did you buy a JT with automatic temp control? They make one with regular controls.

OP
OP

Bonanza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow Punk'n
Why did you buy a JT with automatic temp control? They make one with regular controls.
I had to google search extensively to see that... I didn't know that was a thing before today. Huh.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
May be able to switch it out, I know people switch it the other way from manual to automatic.

OP
OP

Bonanza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow Punk'n
The radio controls are linked to the panel I have, so I don't think they can be swapped. :(

Sponsored

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
There is a max cool option but not sure about max heat

OP
OP

Bonanza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow Punk'n
There is a max cool option but not sure about max heat
Yes but only through the touch screen. Of all the buttons in the world these Jeeps need, its all windows up/down, max heat, max cold. Why is the rear window defroster an option but not these. (Doh)

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
These new systems are designed differently. There's no easy max hot or cold, since the setting is for the temperature of the cab, not the temperature of the air coming out of the vents. Even in manual mode, the system controls the air coming out of the vents to try and keep the cab at the temperature selected. This is supposed to be a 'luxury' style system. Cadillac and Lincoln have been installing them for decades.
Sponsored