Hotheads hardtop headliner worth every penny

NC_Gladiato

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Unfortunately mine had the head liners already in them or Hot Heads are the ones I was planning on installing. At some point I'll replace them with HH anyways.

xfyre101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
did you end up scuffing up the interior side of your roof panels or just stuck em on the way it was. i heard people said the panels fell after a couple months because they didnt use teh sand paper

MGladiator83

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
did you end up scuffing up the interior side of your roof panels or just stuck em on the way it was. i heard people said the panels fell after a couple months because they didnt use teh sand paper
Pro tip if you don’t want to sand when using 3m or other adhesives tap. Use 3m adhesion promoter wipes. They are a little pricy but worth every penny. Saves time and makes it super easy to install. Preps the surface area and makes the bond extremely strong

Sponsored

OP
OP
BLK HOLE

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
About 400 with all options and the needed additional supplies.

OP
OP
BLK HOLE

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
Did it exactly as the directions called for. Honestly after the small amount of sanding you couldn’t really tell it was sanded. It’s just to flatten out the textured finish.

Bluedevilman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Stay at home dad
Unfortunately mine had the head liners already in them or Hot Heads are the ones I was planning on installing. At some point I'll replace them with HH anyways.
Let me know if you decide to upgrade I might be interested in your factory ones. I'm in Durham.

saintpauljeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubi, '03 BMW Z4, '20 Mitsu OutSport
Occupation
Software Developer
Did it exactly as the directions called for. Honestly after the small amount of sanding you couldn’t really tell it was sanded. It’s just to flatten out the textured finish.
sanding is apart of the HH instructions?

Sponsored

Sportsbiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Digital Experience Program Manager
sanding is apart of the HH instructions?
Yes, a couple of passes of light sanding where the adhesive would apply. It's very little effort, and that sanding, followed by wiping down with acetone, allows the headliners to really adhere to the surface.

Darrin NC

First Name
Darrin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra, Rav 4 Highlander, Corolla XSE
Occupation
self
Now that its getting hot outside is there a large difference in the amount of heat in the truck? Is the truck quieter too? no echo?? Thanks

MMMII

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR - 2017 BMW X5
Occupation
Redfin - Real Estate Consultant
Now that its getting hot outside is there a large difference in the amount of heat in the truck? Is the truck quieter too? no echo?? Thanks
I've had the HH (side panels & sound assassins) for about a month now and although it's hard to quantify, I feel that:

A: The parts with the liners are nowhere near as hot as the exposed panels (my kids always ask why I touch the roof when we get in)​
B: The interior is quieter​
C: The stereo does sound better​

What I can't tell is if that translate into faster cabin cool down or not. But with the results above it doesn't matter. Best $$$ spent yet.

Just my $0.02.
Sponsored