• Total voters

LiftedrubiconJT

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon gladiator
Are any of the headliners worth the money? Looking at the hotheads one. Really interested for road noise. I daily drive and drive 70-75 mph daily and I would like to reduce the annoying road noise.
Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
I don't notice any noise reduction because it's not full coverage and noise will come through. It's more for heat reduction.

IamWardicus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently Driving: Sport S Max Tow Gladiator in Sting-Gray
Occupation
Management in a retail setting
I got the Headliner + Sound Assassin and I like it. The wife noticed that the stereo sounded a lot better and it did quiet down the outside wind noise. I say it's worth it, especially being less expensive than the Mopar headliner.

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
My Gladiator has the Mopar headliners from the factory and they have been fine. They fit well and help out with sound reduction for sure.

I liked them enough to buy the Hotheads for my LJ. They made a great improvement on it for noise reduction and stereo sound.

I’ve been happy with both, so I don’t think you could go wrong either way.

Sponsored

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
I went with the HotHeads due to cost (got 'em with the 10% discount, still not cheap, but less than other options) and ease of installation. I wanted to be able to use the handsfree phone without having to scream over the noise, and they definitely helped.

Kevin

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
I was dubious about the enthusiasm of their claims, but ill be damned if it doesnt do what it says. 2-3 clicks of less volume of stereo with the sound assassins as a result of less wind noise and the temp is much more stable.

id buy it again.

word of warning: make sure all the fiber glass shavings are completely cleaned up before starting the acetone process or the acetone will make any interior pieces the fiberglass shavings touch turn white. i tried cleaning it every way i could think of and it wouldnt come out. My woman finally figured out a way to get it out, but asked that we not do that again. Hahaha. Thankfully it was just a little piece.

so on their install instructions add “vacuum every molecule of dust and do a pre wipe down before opening acetone” and youre good to go.

theres another brand out now that looks like they do the entire roof headlined that looks better than the HH but it costs a good chunk more. Imo HH is the best performance/value on the market. Its way better than the mopar.

saintpauljeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubi, '03 BMW Z4, '20 Mitsu OutSport
Occupation
Software Developer
$400? I got mine for under $300... (you need to wait for one of their sales)

Sportsbiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Digital Experience Program Manager
Another vote for Hotheads for the reasons stated above. I believe the link earlier posted may have also shown a YouTube video review in the thread where these were tested for both sound improvement, and a reduction in temps, in case you were looking for objective data. These also go on sale at times, as I paid around $300 for mine. I'd buy these again for sure.

minnmdz

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiato Mojave
I got the head liner with sound assassin for Christmas and just put them in so not a lot of time with them, but I don't think they will help much above 70. I thought they worked great at lower speeds and maybe have some affect up to about 65, but beyond that the wind noise from other places is very loud, such as around the side window and b-pillar, etc. I did not get the piece that covers the rear post. Having said all of that, I would recommend them for 65 and slower.

Sponsored

JeffInFLA

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I went with the Mopar headliner. I got a good deal from my dealer as they run discounts on accessories. I found vast improvement in the radio/stereo sound and improvements in road noise as well.

Plus, IMO, the Mopar setup looks a bit cleaner/more finished than the aftermarket ones. VERY simple to install (I took the top off) and no sanding required (but vigorous cleaning is).

Jeep Gladiator Hotheads headliner worth the 400 bucks? 7E65CB22-DCA5-4F8A-8A3C-3673C4A09FB7
Jeep Gladiator Hotheads headliner worth the 400 bucks? AC38F172-A639-4FC1-8E0E-F9EAE95D4429
Jeep Gladiator Hotheads headliner worth the 400 bucks? 6315DBDB-B7EE-449D-B2C5-4888F09A213B

CrazyCooter

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.overlandvehicledynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
1991 JEEP YJ, 2021 JTR Ecodiesel
Occupation
Specialty Off Road Shop Owner
I'm interested in that Coverking liner too or maybe both to kill maximum sound? One of the big reasons for my Gladiator upgrade was being tired of the noise in my soft top YJ!

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Check out the Coverking, appear to have a much better fit and less money.

Doc B

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2006 Buick ,2002 GMC 2500 HD & 6 Harleys
Occupation
Retired HVAC Mec.
I live in the North. The Hot Heads liner reduces noise, and helps with keeping the interior warm. I LOVE this product.
Sponsored