Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Will jeep JK front bumpers fit on a JL or JT. See some listing that say they are compatible with all of them in the description. Just wondering because there is a good price on one I'm looking at
Sponsored

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Enginerd
Will jeep JK front bumpers fit on a JL or JT. See some listing that say they are compatible with all of them in the description. Just wondering because there is a good price on one I'm looking at
I have stumbled across some bumper threads on the JL forum with pictures of the OEM JK front bumpers mounted on JL's, so I'd assume mounting points are same, but body lines/fenders may be different so you *might* have fitup issues depending on how form fitting the bumper is. Wiring for the fogs is different though; JK has connections on each side for each fog, JL/JT only has it on one end of the bumper.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
The general answer is, yes, a JK bumper will work. You may have to drill out a couple of the holes on your JT frame, but most bumpers will fit. You might also come across some which are deeper than the JK frame-to-grill clearance will allow. As far as the fog lights go, you can reuse your JT wiring harness, but you have to remove it from the stock bumper. Here's mine:

F06FB395-E819-4CE8-B33C-1BD2D76613B7.png

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Most JK spec'd front bumpers should fit fine. Some like my Go Rhino stubby front bumper, I had to shim it out with thick fender washers between the mount bolts inside front bumper and frame horn mount area to keep it from sitting against the front grill.

Teghogh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
The general answer is, yes, a JK bumper will work. You may have to drill out a couple of the holes on your JT frame, but most bumpers will fit. You might also come across some which are deeper than the JK frame-to-grill clearance will allow. As far as the fog lights go, you can reuse your JT wiring harness, but you have to remove it from the stock bumper. Here's mine:

F06FB395-E819-4CE8-B33C-1BD2D76613B7.png
whats the name of the bumper?
looks outstanding

Sponsored

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Enginerd
I know this is old, but will a factory JK Rubicon bumper fit the JT? Anyone know?
I think I've seen someone mount it up to a JL/JT, they just had to drill out the holes either on the bumper or frame rails a bit to get the bolts to align.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I know this is old, but will a factory JK Rubicon bumper fit the JT? Anyone know?
It will fit and that proof of concept was proven out when the JL first came out.

Only caveat is that one of the frame horns may or may not need a couple of the mount holes ever so slightly opened up to fit.
Sponsored