Sponsored

How can I get Overland Black Leather Interior in a Rubicon?

Flamma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Trailhawk, 2017 Dodge Challenger 392 T/A
I prefer the black leather w/silver stitching, and NON-red dash in my future Rubicon order.

Someone win the internet today please, and enlighten my dumb ass.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Flamma

Flamma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For a new $55-65K JT Rubicon, no matter what color we order, we are stuck with a bloody red shiny dash and red stitching?

OR

To not get the red dash/stitching, we have to order arguably the ugliest color combo possible --> brown-ish leather, black seat bases, and gray dash.

Whoever was the Jeep designer handling interior options needs to be hung.

Bt_okst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trd pro
For a new $55-65K JT Rubicon, no matter what color we order, we are stuck with a bloody red shiny dash and red stitching?

OR

To not get the red dash/stitching, we have to order arguably the ugliest color combo possible --> brown-ish leather, black seat bases, and gray dash.

Whoever was the Jeep designer handling interior options needs to be hung.
CBS and cbq katzkin leather options get rid of red stitching. The mopar Rubicon also had gray dash with this option. Hoping that means you will lose red dash, but you do get to lose the red stitching

OP
OP
Flamma

Flamma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBS and cbq katzkin leather options get rid of red stitching. The mopar Rubicon also had gray dash with this option. Hoping that means you will lose red dash, but you do get to lose the red stitching
Thank you - at least that's something

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
CBS and cbq katzkin leather options get rid of red stitching...
I was under the impression that there is red stitching on the top of the dash, the door inserts, shifters, steering wheel & probably places I forgot. Unless a Rubicon is ordered with the ‘saddle’ leather seats, them stitches be red.
Are you saying that ordering the katzkin leather changes that too?

Sponsored

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
I prefer the black leather w/silver stitching, and NON-red dash in my future Rubicon order.

There are also several threads on here and on the JL forums about just replacing it. So you can either order some other ones, or take the red and paint them the color of your choice. This is referring to the dash. Stitching on things like the steering wheel, seats and other areas is more complicated. But as has been discussed, there are other options that would change it too.

Bt_okst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trd pro
I was under the impression that there is red stitching on the top of the dash, the door inserts, shifters, steering wheel & probably places I forgot. Unless a Rubicon is ordered with the ‘saddle’ leather seats, them stitches be red.
Are you saying that ordering the katzkin leather changes that too?
If you look at the mopar tricked out Rubicon with the CBS seats it shows white stitching on the strg wheel, shifter, middle console, etc.

https://www.topspeed.com/cars/jeep/2019-jeep-gladiator-by-katzkin-leather-ar184565.html

OP
OP
Flamma

Flamma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's a nice option

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Folks been hollering long and loud on this. Apparently, the demographics are loud and proud people spend rubi money; sedate oldsters want lame suspension and matching subdued appearance. Check out sport or sport S and build up to what you like, as some have? (Preparing for any on here to attack, devolving into a 2door rant by someone, probably me!) Plywood.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Folks been hollering long and loud on this. Apparently, the demographics are loud and proud people spend rubi money; sedate oldsters want lame suspension and matching subdued appearance. Check out sport or sport S and build up to what you like, as some have? (Preparing for any on here to attack, devolving into a 2door rant by someone, probably me!) Plywood.
lmao, i was going to comment about plywood, until i saw you ended your post with plywood.........guess i still talked about it.
go away red dash! be gone. Do they make vinyl wrap plywood pattern? They must, mmmmmmmmm.

Sponsored

Charlie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee WK CRD

There is almost a solution. It's not the cheapest, but if you order a Gladiator with the Saddle Leather Interior package and then change the seats to the Katzkin leather. You'll get all the dash, steering wheel, shifter, etc with the white stitching, the grey dash and then the seats will be black with the Katzkin. It's pretty close to the Overland model at that point.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
There is almost a solution. It's not the cheapest, but if you order a Gladiator with the Saddle Leather Interior package and then change the seats to the Katzkin leather. You'll get all the dash, steering wheel, shifter, etc with the white stitching, the grey dash and then the seats will be black with the Katzkin. It's pretty close to the Overland model at that point.
or you could do this but with aftermarket katzkin if you wanted to tweak the color/stitching, ect.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You still would have the red stitching all over.
sorry i meant get saddle, and then get aftermarket katzkin.

instead of saddle, and mopar katzkin.
Sponsored