Sponsored

How could Jeep make a commercial more like this Defender ad

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
And how does the JT stack up?

I get it, a $40-60k truck isnt going to be the same as a $50-80k SUV. How would a comparable Jeep Gladiator commercial look?

I think the JT Mojave can do everything the Defender can do. But man those jumps and even rolling the car. Brits (well, whoever they hired to direct and envision it) know how to make an action-packed commercial

That instrument panel looks intimidating. I dont think I would like having to look down and fiddle with scrolling through options if I needed to change off-road settings
Sponsored

Last edited:

Professor57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 2020 Gator Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Sooner or later the JT will be a character in a film. When that happens my SFX pals in LA will will make him dance. And, it won’t be like the supped up/ tricked out station wagon above.

OP
OP
PyrPatriot

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sooner or later the JT will be a character in a film. When that happens my SFX pals in LA will will make him dance. And, it won’t be like the supped up/ tricked out station wagon above.
What surprised me was the ground clearance matched the JT. And the payload!

Up venture

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
I was under the impression that most of the commercial was shot for the upcoming Bond movie that Land Rover just adapted for their needs

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
What surprised me was the ground clearance matched the JT. And the payload!
Short wheel base, very little over hang front and back, it is a different animal altogether. These facts will allow it to be closer to the ground with smaller wheels and still accomplish similar wheeling to the Gladiator. Because of the length, wheel base, and rear over hang of the Gladiator we need higher clearance and bigger tires to manage the same terrain as a stock short wheel base 4WD. However, those rims and tires on that Defender sure look little --- mini-me rims and tires, lol.

Sponsored

Lives The Dream

First Name
Meericole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1955 cj5, 1995 YJ, 2006 LJ Rubicon, 2020 JT

Iconic styling? It is a Defender, the roof doesn’t even come off. With the low hanging plastic bumpers, can you see that in the bush in Africa? (Where the Defender is iconic). Unfortunately looks like a crossover grocery getter, however capable.

“Modified for safety purposes” ie- don’t try this with your vehicle , you or it will break. So take those jumps with a grain of salt.

TheITGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, 2021 Toyota Rav4 Limit
Isn't there a Gladiator in the upcoming Fast & Furious film?

OP
OP
PyrPatriot

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Iconic styling? It is a Defender, the roof doesn’t even come off. With the low hanging plastic bumpers, can you see that in the bush in Africa? (Where the Defender is iconic). Unfortunately looks like a crossover grocery getter, however capable.

“Modified for safety purposes” ie- don’t try this with your vehicle , you or it will break. So take those jumps with a grain of salt.
yah, saw that after I posted (from phone, then watched on monitor). But it did make me think of the Mojave and my thread on driving fast off-road

Jeepnoob34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland

Yea, but it can wade through 900 mm’s of water lmao. That sounds way better than “A little under 3’ of water” lol.

OP
OP
PyrPatriot

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea, but it can wade through 900 mm’s of water lmao. That sounds way better than “A little under 3’ of water” lol.
that’s more than the JT can. 900mm is 35” and the JT is limited to 30”, at 5mph

Btw this isnt a JT vs Defender, just how it compares to looking in a commercial

Sponsored

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Not looking to add to the pissing match but that first commercial is pretty bad ass! Jeep should take note.
What you say is very true. It was an impressive video. But I don’t think hardly any Land Rover drivers will take their rides mud slinging. I bet the vast majority will go on a yearly trip to the ski slopes or they may tow a ski boat while most of them will drive their kids to school or they drive to work and will almost never go off the payment. It’s an image thing be seen driving. My best guesses mind you. If people want you go off roading then I bet they will do it in a Jeep. After all it’s a Jeep thing.

RenoRubi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
HAHA! I thoroughly enjoyed watching that! Haha.... The gladiator will sell regardless really well. Dang Brits acting crazy...
Sponsored