Sponsored

How do you adjust factory tonneau cover?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
My cover is nice, it doesn't leak, and I like how it works, however, it's loose. Especially after seeing pics of the same cover on other JTs.

So, my question is - how to you put more tension on these so you can take this sag out?

It sags, at least two other members show theirs as not sagging, being tight.
I have looked all over for some sort of adjustment. The latch parts screwed to the box are set, they cannot move. I even took the two torx screws clear out and those won't move back or forward. There is no adjustment on the cover itself that I can find - all parts are riveted together.

cover-left.jpg
Sponsored

Punkngladiator

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma gone soon 2020 gladiator on its way
I was wondering the same thing mine looks like yours

OP
OP
ShadowsPapa

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I found out through discovery, and keeping after a dealer, that there is no adjustment. There are no slots, the holes are set, threaded, nothing slides or moves. So if it's loose, there's no fix that either myself nor the dealer could find or knew of.
In the end, a case was opened (through jeepcares here) and then I kept talking to the service writer - and followed him around a bit and finally another employee at the shop said - hey, I think there's something to this. He told my service writer than Jeep has an entire team dedicated to the support of the JT and basically nicely got the service writer into a corner - the dealership working with the Jeep support got a star case open and I got a new cover and it fits fantastic.
We had 3"+ of snow about 2 or 3 weeks ago - my truck sits under a lean-to that's not fully enclosed so it got snow on it. The snow melted later that day and instead of lakes and ponds on the cover, there were small bubbles of water here and there on the cover, none over a couple inches in size - because the water ran off, there was no appreciable sag to catch it.
Sponsored