Sponsored

How long did your windshield last before cracking?

toddarama

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon Gobi
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I do IT stuff so I can buy Jeep stuff.
I made it 4 days ..... I picked up my new '22 JTR Gobi on December 7th and took a rock to the windshield on December 11th that created a nice ~8" crack in the Gorilla Glass.

Fortunately my insurance has $0 deductible glass coverage, so I've already got my second windshield. Let's see if I can make it a few weeks with this one?!?!? :)
Sponsored

G10

First Name
Granville
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Mortgage Banker
I think I made it to the 3 month mark! I have the gorilla glass and took about 3 or 4 good shots before getting a crack. That being said the impact of the rock that finally cracked it sounded like bullet!

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
My first gladiator made it 6 months with no window cracks/chips/issues from the day i took it home to the day i traded it in for...
My second gladiator is coming up on 8 months with zero cracks/chips/issues.

I don't live in a state that mandates $0 windshield deductibles, and $0 comprehensive was too expensive but i did lower my comp deductible to $200.

Sponsored

OP
OP
toddarama

toddarama

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon Gobi
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I do IT stuff so I can buy Jeep stuff.
y'all are killing me with your lucky duck stories!! To be fair, I previously drove a TJ for 8 years including 3 hours of daily highway commuting and never had so much as a chip in the glass. It was just my time to lose this round of Russian Windshield Roulette ... crossing my fingers to win with the new one.

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
2024 JTR, Bright White AT; 2022 JTR MT (traded)
Occupation
geoarchaeologist (retired)
I made it 4 days ..... I picked up my new '22 JTR Gobi on December 7th and took a rock to the windshield on December 11th that created a nice ~8" crack in the Gorilla Glass.

Fortunately my insurance has $0 deductible glass coverage, so I've already got my second windshield. Let's see if I can make it a few weeks with this one?!?!? :)
Five months

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
2024 JTR, Bright White AT; 2022 JTR MT (traded)
Occupation
geoarchaeologist (retired)

I live in New Mexico, an admittedly rural state with many dirt even state roads that are dirt, and windshields take a beating. What amazed me was that I got a rock hit on the upper right, and it created a crack eight inches long immediately. No other truck I've had was cracked so easily. I did replace it with an OEM glass. Maybe a mistake.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
y'all are killing me with your lucky duck stories!! To be fair, I previously drove a TJ for 8 years including 3 hours of daily highway commuting and never had so much as a chip in the glass. It was just my time to lose this round of Russian Windshield Roulette ... crossing my fingers to win with the new one.
Luck is a huge factor. I've had multiple cracked windshields in various vehicles - multiple breaks in Grand Cherokee windshields, F250 cracked clear across left to right, my Eagle, and others.
My son had his windshield replaced in his Jeep - a Compass. We believe it was shot as he was driving. There were no other vehicles even in sight, and a Compass doesn't throw rocks at itself.

Sponsored

AZCooWhip

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Aw c'mon ... you can't leave us hanging like that .... how many?
Ha! I stopped counting at 4. Last was gorilla glass. Yep …it has a large crack on passenger lower as well as a nice size star smack in middle. Within a month or two.

I’m keeping it now for nostalgia sake 😁
Sponsored