First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray JT Rubicon - Delivered 7/23
Occupation
Attorney
So, I'm aware that Chrysler is saying the Rubicon is 218 inches long. I really need that to be correct and I was just wondering if any of you with a steel front bumper have actually measured the length. It's actually not quite as wide as my Highlander, so no worries about the width in my garage, but I only have about 222 inches of length in my garage. I really want to park this thing in my garage so I just was wondering if someone with a Rubicon can confirm the length.
Sponsored

LidLess07X

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Recon, 2001 TJ Sport, 2018 Mustang GT PP1 with Roush S.C.
That’s cutting it way too close on measurements. Are you close enough to a dealer to test drive it to your house ? Perhaps none in you’re area with the steel bumper ?

I bought my house from a guy that had just bought it himself. He under estimated the length of his work truck and couldn’t fit it in the garage so he had to move. True story

OP
OP
Kjm18

Kjm18

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Attorney
OP
OP
Kjm18

Kjm18

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Attorney
That’s cutting it way too close on measurements. Are you close enough to a dealer to test drive it to your house ? Perhaps none in you’re area with the steel bumper ?

I bought my house from a guy that had just bought it himself. He under estimated the length of his work truck and couldn’t fit it in the garage so he had to move. True story
There is a dealer within a few miles, but I'm not sure they'll let me test drive it to my house.

Sponsored

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
I don't get the joke. I guess the joke is on me.
Not at all. The folks that pre-ordered the Limited Edition still haven't received theirs (mostly). They are understandably frustrated.

OP
OP
Kjm18

Kjm18

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Attorney
Not at all. The folks that pre-ordered the Limited Edition still haven't received theirs (mostly). They are understandably frustrated.
Yeah, dealer just got back to me and said I can't get the steel front bumper until the LEs are done. I guess I'll have to do that after market.

DanOnTheCob

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Same measurements for me, When I see it in person it looks like it will fit fine, but that's why I added the front camera. So on the days I want to park inside I can get as close as possible without damaging anything.

Malarkey21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 1993 BMW 325is, 2016 Triumph Street Twin
upload_2019-5-22_9-18-28-png.png

If a Taco will fit, the jeep will fit.

OP
OP
Kjm18

Kjm18

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Attorney
upload_2019-5-22_9-18-28-png.png

If a Taco will fit, the jeep will fit.
I put my father in law's Taco in my garage once, but it wasn't the same one. It was a mini cab door with an extended bed.

Same measurements for me, When I see it in person it looks like it will fit fine, but that's why I added the front camera. So on the days I want to park inside I can get as close as possible without damaging anything.
I'll be adding the front camera as well for that reason. I've measured at least a dozen times at various points along the wall. It really should be fine, just hoping someone can measure bumper to bumper to make me feel better.

Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I put my father in law's Taco in my garage once, but it wasn't the same one. It was a mini cab door with an extended bed.
Tacoma Access cab with long bed is on the same frame as the crew cab with short bed. Should be the same size length wise.

OP
OP
Kjm18

Kjm18

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Attorney
Tacoma Access cab with long bed is on the same frame as the crew cab with short bed. Should be the same size length wise.
Google says it's only 212.4". So the Gladiator is another 6 inches longer.

OP
OP
Kjm18

Kjm18

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Attorney
Any Rubicon owners wanna help me out?

2004blackwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 wrx, 2005 xterra, 2014 durango, formerly 1998 wrangler
sorry wish I wrote it down. I got 228 inch garage and know it fit with a few inches to spare. I know I measured more then 218 inches. I feel like 222 will be cutting it close.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I agree that 222" is cutting it too close. Yes, it'll fit. But you'll have to take your time to do a precision parking job every single time. Reminds me of that old board game called "Operation". That will get old in a hurry.
Sponsored