How many Gladiators for 2020?

calicorks

First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss 302
I went to the dealership the other day to look at my first JT. The dealership was trying HARD to get me to buy it. One of his selling tactics was “Jeep is only making 40k and that’s it”. I said to him “LOL, maybe the first quarter, but I’m sure Jeep will make as many Gladiators are there are people to buy them”. What are your thoughts? I also wanted to see the Sport S and they told me they sold out and are hard to get. Their own website had 9 Sport S in stock. They showed me an Overland with a $5k mark up over MSRP.

My impression was they wanted me to buy now, and with the most mark up to take advantage of them being new. Eventually, they will be everywhere and easier to buy once the hype dies down.
Sponsored

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
I went to the dealership the other day to look at my first JT. The dealership was trying HARD to get me to buy it. One of his selling tactics was “Jeep is only making 40k and that’s it”. I said to him “LOL, maybe the first quarter, but I’m sure Jeep will make as many Gladiators are there are people to buy them”. What are your thoughts? I also wanted to see the Sport S and they told me they sold out and are hard to get. Their own website had 9 Sport S in stock. They showed me an Overland with a $5k mark up over MSRP.

My impression was they wanted me to buy now, and with the most mark up to take advantage of them being new. Eventually, they will be everywhere and easier to buy once the hype dies down.
Agree with your thoughts.
If you’re not in a rush wait 6 months and there will be more inventory and better deals to be had.

Jowen

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Rubicon Cherokee an x2 2020 jt rubicon
I do not know where you are, but in Jacksonville al I did a search and in a 100 mile range i found 120 jts in stock. I would walk away.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Maybe he meant only making forty Large per vehicle :LOL:

AL_Jazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor, Jeep Commander Hemi Limited
There is a white Sport S hardtop with power and towing options local to me being sold for sticker if you are interested. I am looking for a Rubi but think I will wait on either Gobi or Gator for the color...

Sponsored

OP
OP
calicorks

calicorks

First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss 302
There is a white Sport S hardtop with power and towing options local to me being sold for sticker if you are interested. I am looking for a Rubi but think I will wait on either Gobi or Gator for the color...
I got in touch with Travis from Tri city and wow he’s great! Going to get a Rubicon from him when I’m ready. I didn’t think I could afford one, but dealing with Travis allows me to afford it. He’s worth going to the other side of the country to buy from!

Bobzdar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 1989 grand wagoneer

Go somewhere else, that's crazy. I got the only JT (loaded Rubicon) my local dealer had for ~invoice pricing a month ago when they were red hot. They still only have a single one on their lot, listed at 3% under msrp.
Sponsored