First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD | 88 300zx | 97 XJ
Occupation
TheCyber
Hey guys! I'm just wondering how many OBD ports are too many for splitters? I have been running 2, ScanGuage and Pedal Monster and just pulling one to use my bluetooth when I need it... all seems to work okay. Well I got a Tazer from the woot sale and am wondering if I get 3 way splitter (or more) will I be running into any issues, like devices not getting enough power or anything like that?
Thanks for any input!

Edit: Oh wait, I just noticed that the tazer goes straight to the security port cable! Not sure what I need now! Does the OBD and Security ports work at the same time, I didn't think they did????
Sponsored

Last edited:

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
The security port is the writeable interface, both are active.

Get the extension cables for the security ports, it makes pulling for updates/service appointments faster. You'll get fast eventually, but the cables do make it easier.

I power my camera from OBD and have a splitter for a Pedal Commander, that's plenty of power for tiny devices.

JTR178

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Occupation
5-0
Also worth noting once you have the Taser installed ,you won't need to use the security bypass cables anymore (if you are), you can plug devices straight into the OBD port and be able to write.

OP
OP
EddyArnold

EddyArnold

First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD | 88 300zx | 97 XJ
Occupation
TheCyber
Also worth noting once you have the Taser installed ,you won't need to use the security bypass cables anymore (if you are), you can plug devices straight into the OBD port and be able to write.
Nice! I did not know that, thanks!
Sponsored