Sponsored

How to ad OEM 115 Vts in my Gladiator with 115 Vts Power bed delete (credit$ 45)

Luis guido

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator rubicon
Hello,
I have a Rubicon 2022 that came without power bed (Windows sticker states: 115vts power bed delete credit - $ 45).
I assumed the converter is the one I can see installed below the driving column (68530204AB), therefore I have installed the parts needed to add power to the bed (headlamp switch bezel 6NU24TX7AB, inverter switch 68370049AA, Jumper wiring 68398209AB, Inverter power outlet 68312754AC).
The issue is: the dashboard harness which has the lights command plug, doesn't have pigtail with a plug to be connected to Inverter switch when added below the light command (that pigtail should come taped to the lights command wiring)
I went to the dealer and they said my Jeep came with harness 68525802AC, and in order to have the missing wire and plug, I should have the Harness 68525802AD
The missing plus is 3 wires plug, so I assume it is just an ON/OFF switch
Anybody knows where do I get the power and what should I feed in order to run a line to add the missing circuit?
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Dig further back into the wiring. Others have reported the wire plug to connect the switch was buried deep.

OP
OP
Luis guido

Luis guido

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator rubicon
I cannot dig in because of the dashboard, do think it worth to remove it?

OP
OP
Luis guido

Luis guido

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator rubicon
below pictures of both harnesses, list of needed to install the 115vts, the converter and the lights command plug without the pigtail foe power bed switch

IMG_0499[1].JPG

IMG_0581[1].JPG

IMG_0583[1].JPG

IMG_0582[1].JPG

IMG_0565[1].JPG

BearFootSam

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Fed
Is that juice worth the squeeze vs using the aux switch to roll your own? In theory it would have been nice but if I recall the OEM is low wattage.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Luis guido

Luis guido

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator rubicon
It is just 400w (not a lot) however enough for charging tools batteries . Additionally , I guess it is easier and less expensive than running a whole new converter and wiring from the battery to the bed

Viper Dad

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel
Occupation
Construction
Has there been a fix for this yet, I am now discovering the missing tail/plug behind my dash as well.

mrmo

First Name
Mrmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
nuke
you have the inverter option but no bed power? I thought that was part of the option

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
you have the inverter option but no bed power? I thought that was part of the option
Power outlet in the bed is a separate option from the inverter and outlet in the cab. It is part of the Trail Rails package, if the inverter option is installed.

Viper Dad

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel
Occupation
Construction
My 2022 Rubicon has the inverter installed, buy no bed outlet as I did not opt for the rail system. I tried to add separately after the fact, but am having same issue with missing cable/plug behind dash near headlight switch...hoping someone has found a fix, or way to add/plug into factory inverter for factory look/function...

Sponsored

OP
OP
Luis guido

Luis guido

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator rubicon
Check the window sticker, if you received $45 credit for 110vts erased, then yours like mine don’t have it

Escape.idiocracy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jt
Occupation
Hitchhiker
Is that juice worth the squeeze vs using the aux switch to roll your own? In theory it would have been nice but if I recall the OEM is low wattage.
The low watt is annoying, the other annoyance is that it can only be used with the truck on… (yes I understand the efficiency loss with the converter sucking juice etc….)

when we Bibb ours- going to move to a 12v switchable plug back there some place.

To the comment about charging tools- most tool manufacturers sell 12v chargers with cigarette charging plugs.

Patsfan5433

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Willy S
Occupation
Retired
below pictures of both harnesses, list of needed to install the 115vts, the converter and the lights command plug without the pigtail foe power bed switch

Jeep Gladiator How to ad OEM 115 Vts in my Gladiator with 115 Vts Power bed delete (credit$ 45) IMG_0565[1].JPG

Jeep Gladiator How to ad OEM 115 Vts in my Gladiator with 115 Vts Power bed delete (credit$ 45) IMG_0565[1].JPG

Did you end up changing out the main harness (68525802AD)?

teedee29

First Name
Thanh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator 2022
I just tried this but didn’t have my car sticker. Mine is Rubin on 2022 gladiator. I do have the 115 outlet in the back seat. However, when I took the dash out, I did not see the inverter switch power cable. D went through some YouTube comments and found out the inverter power cable is hid behind the driver foot speaker. Had to remove the speaker encloseure and the cable is there.
Sponsored