HOW WIDE A RIM CAN I GO?

propkillr

First Name
Howell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jk
The first thing I did was to put mud tires on my Gladiator. 245/75/r17. the new tires and old new tires are same size. The rim is a 7.5 width?? I kept the old street tires and wish to replace them after hunting season for road travel. How wide of a rim can I go on the 7.5 measurement. What I see on Quad is 1 tire at 7.5. More are 8 and 8.5. thanks for the help
Sponsored

jeepncrowd

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon (WILD MED)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
The first thing I did was to put mud tires on my Gladiator. 245/75/r17. the new tires and old new tires are same size. The rim is a 7.5 width?? I kept the old street tires and wish to replace them after hunting season for road travel. How wide of a rim can I go on the 7.5 measurement. What I see on Quad is 1 tire at 7.5. More are 8 and 8.5. thanks for the help
7.5". That is the width. Now most aftermarket wheels are 8.0" plus. The wheel width you want is dependant on the size tire you want to run. Most tires have a recommended width range that the manufacturer suggests.
But 8 and 8.5" wide wheels would be perfectly fine on the JT. That's what most people go with.

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
7.5". That is the width. Now most aftermarket wheels are 8.0" plus. The wheel width you want is dependant on the size tire you want to run. Most tires have a recommended width range that the manufacturer suggests.
But 8 and 8.5" wide wheels would be perfectly fine on the JT. That's what most people go with.
Agreed but what you want to be aware of is the wheel offset.
Sponsored