First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon 3.0
Occupation
Cyber Security
Hey Friends. I am starting this thread because I want to hear from people that have gone through the HPFP Recall, specifically these details.

Assuming the work is COMPLETE please reply

1. Was the Fix for your vehicle a full fuel system replacement or just the CP4 HPFP
2. Any changes to the feel / drivability of your Jeep
3. Any issues post repair
4. Feedback about how the dealership handled the recall for you.

Please share if you have had the fix! Thank you!
Sponsored

aevgladitorrubi

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Med Sales
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Friends. I am starting this thread because I want to hear from people that have gone through the HPFP Recall, specifically these details.

Assuming the work is COMPLETE please reply

1. Was the Fix for your vehicle a full fuel system replacement or just the CP4 HPFP
2. Any changes to the feel / drivability of your Jeep
3. Any issues post repair
4. Feedback about how the dealership handled the recall for you.

Please share if you have had the fix! Thank you!
All parts are not avail yet-- not until Jan...

Dr. Donald Gay

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
Chiropractor, Nutritionist, Farmer
Just got my new Gladiator Saturday from Lithia Jeep in Santa Fe. They replaced the pump and all lines - not the injectors. Runs great, drove it home to southern Colo. Tons of power. They had 8 new Jeeps to fix, got 5 kits - luckily I was #3 on the list.

freebird_78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Got mine done Monday. Just the pump. Ordered parts last week, came in about 3 days. Dropped the jeep off at 7:30, picked it up at noon. If you read my post in the other thread, you'd know I was very skeptical. Honestly, WAY smoother and quicker than I expected. Knock on wood. No noticable difference in driving, nor would I expect any. Only "issue" is they must have opened up a coolant line to access (I know it's not in the directions), because it smelled of coolant, though no obvious leaks or spills.

I detailed the engine bay (and rest of the jeep) afterwards, just to make it easier to spot any leaks or issues.

Again, knock on wood, this was way more minor (so far) than I anticipated. I was quite nervous about it, but it SEEMS I was worried for nothing.

PackMule

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 SingGray JTRD, 2012 Dozer JK, 2014 GC
Occupation
InfoTech Retired
My dealer says all the parts that just came available, went back to unavailable to order due to warehouse strike. They keep no "lists" of people needing fixes, and no communication on whether they are fixing new inventory before existing customers. I have the second eco-Glad purchased in the state (right behind AEV owner Dave H.)... got nearly 60k mi., and starting my annual snowbird migration next week. Feeling squeezed...need to find another dealer in another state to do this.

Sponsored

OP
OP
CreepyJeepy

CreepyJeepy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon 3.0
Occupation
Cyber Security
Frustrating today!

@JeepCares setup an appointment for me to get my jeep inspected and have the safety recall completed as my fuel filter housing is showing metal shavings.

Originally I had visited 4 dealers and they all told me the same thing, get rid of the vehicle. So I used jeep cares to setup an appointment.

Upon arrival at the dealer they told me that the service advisor the appointment was setup with did not work at that dealer anymore.

They then told me they have no ability to get the recall parts and there was nothing they could do for me.

I then asked if they could at least do the inspection, because the vehicle is likely unsafe to operate for much longer due to the metal shavings in the fuel.

They then agreed to take it in and ‘inspect’ it as apart of the recall but it will be at least 2 days before they can look at it.

Jeep Cares had setup the appointment and informed me they would get me a rental.

After I dropped it off I walked over to a coffee shop and called jeep cares. They informed me my case was closed and that they would reopen a new case and give me a call in a few days.

I was pretty upset by this but there was nothing the rep could or would do for me

I was told that I would get a call back today, but never got one.

I waited at the coffee shop for a few hours but never got a call back.

So I paid and Uber’ed home…

Here is the message I got from Jeep Wave prior to the appointment.

——————
My Name is Gertrude but you can call me "Gigi"
My phone number is 844-533-7928 ext. 4061353.
My hours are 11:30am-8pm Eastern Standard Time.

For your concerns, you can reference case number 87526585.
——————

Long story short… maybe they were right and I should have just taken the massive trade in loss…

IMG_3155.jpeg

IMG_3157.jpeg

Kschend

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator 3.0L eco diesel
Occupation
Shopper
Headed to the dealership today for 30,000 service and oil change. Will find out what they have to say about recall and parts. I put it on my ticket for concerns to address.

Jakeyou

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator
I called my dealership today they said bring the jeep in this Monday (10/23/23) and we will install the new HPFP.

Kschend

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator 3.0L eco diesel
Occupation
Shopper
At dealer now and parts show available to order but with the strike they are not being shipped. Bummer. But at least parts have become order able.

Schnee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Executive
I called my dealer a couple weeks ago and they scheduled me for the HPFP replacement last Monday. After my JT was at the dealeship the entire day, they told me they had been unable to find all the parts: "waiting for an O ring". Picked up my JT the next morning with /nothing/ done to it. They promised to call me back to schedule when the O ring arrives. Been a week now. No call....

Sponsored

dmoralesbello

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, Hydro Blue Pearl
Occupation
Plastic Surgeon
What year Gladiators are involved in this recall? I hate sounding ignorant but this post is the first I hear of this!

Kmcoop7

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTRD
Occupation
Construction
Sorry to say it but they are priortizing trucks that are for sale, not sold. I had (2) JTRD trucks held with deposits and both dealers told me mine would get the 1st pump they got. The truck I purchased had a new fuel pump 7 days after the fix was released and i picked it up just after that. I towed it home so not many miles on it yet but it runs great. No pedal lag, lots of torque. Havent had it on the highway or any real chance to test fuel economy. The only oddity is that it seemed to want to do a regen with 22 miles on it....my wife said she smelled the burning diesel smell. It could have just been some spilled fuel from the swap though.

We are about to get our 1st winter storm so the truck is going in the garage to get ceramic coat, lift,wheels and tires. Will report back after that

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
no communication on whether they are fixing new inventory before existing customers
You already know the answer to that question. It's a dealership.

Tom C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator High Altitude Diesel
They are fixing new inventory first. Parts were in on 10/18, and completed 10/19. I'm picking up my new High Altitude Diesel on Monday. I'll have a 4 hour test drive bringing it home.
Sponsored