Sponsored

Hurricane Dorian Duty Thread

Evilhomer 0||||||||0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
To be honest, I've always viewed the plywood thing as hilarious, but not something i would partake in.

Today, I was somewhat giddy picking up plywood to get my place and friends prepped for the storm.

So, any other Gladiators on storm duty, before, during and after post here!

Plywood.jpg
Sponsored

misplacetexan

First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Billet Silver Sport S/Max Tow Package
Occupation
Law enforcement
Been through a few hurricanes hatred the Houston area. Be safe and hopefully the blunt force of Dorian will miss you.

JeepDreams

First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gobi Jeep Renegade. Priors: 2007 Rescue Green Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Hope you ride it out safe. Glad to see your Gladiator serving its purpose!

My 18yo knucklehead son moved from the SF Bay to Miami to strike out on his own. He's brushing off parental suggestions for weathering (get it? sorry: levity needed) the storm and fall out from Dorian.

He's my trial by fire kid, that one.

Anyone have a loved one in the path I can pray for?

Yellow1098

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Silver Sport S, 77 trans am, Ducati 1098
I'm down here in Orlando and been through quite a few with nothing getting more ready for this storm than the gladiator....when its over the roads will be like a trail and the bed has already gotten my wood and stuff thrown out of the way that needs to be....hope we all get lucky....oh and I don't want an insurance claim on my new JT cause I got all the options I want and who knows how long it would take to get them again

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
I’ve dealt with hurricanes since I lived in Galveston, TX in the early 80’s. My rule of thumb after having almost been blown away is that I could endure a Cat 1 or 2 but if it’s a Cat 3 or above I was outta there!

This is a Cat 4. Please take it very seriously. There is nothing that you own, including your Jeep, that is worth your life or that of your families.

The latest spaghetti models show the “possibility” that after it makes landfall in FL it may skirt the coast and go up to NC where I have a beach house...BUT there are too many variables to count on that happening.

Plan for the worse and hope for the best....

Sponsored

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
To be honest, I've always viewed the plywood thing as hilarious, but not something i would partake in.

Today, I was somewhat giddy picking up plywood to get my place and friends prepped for the storm.

Plywood.jpg
The first plywood thread I have liked, lol. Coming from Houston/Galveston, I know you need to be able to load plywood and sand bag for the storms, lol. In all seriousness be safe and watch for the down power lines and gas leaks.

OP
OP
Evilhomer 0||||||||0

Evilhomer 0||||||||0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
No worries, i grew up in Florida and have a healthy respect for these storms. Besides, me and the wife are full time national guard and will surely be called up for support somewhere in the state.

Everyone in the state be safe and be smart! And get pics of any gladiators up in the mix!

MonkeySkunks

First Name
Nik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2016 Odyssey
Getting around the couple days immediately after a storm rolls through is one of my excuses for needing a gladiator.

Hope you guys make it through with minimal damage. Looking forward to some post storm gladiator pics.

JT614

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Overland '14 JGC Summit '04 TJ Rubi
Vehicle Showcase

Plywood.jpg
Hell, I'd use they ply and build a box around my Gladiator! Kidding aside, but of luck through the storm.

Sponsored

MATANZAS STING RAY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Stingrey Gladiator from Travis
No worries, i grew up in Florida and have a healthy respect for these storms. Besides, me and the wife are full time national guard and will surely be called up for support somewhere in the state.

Everyone in the state be safe and be smart! And get pics of any gladiators up in the mix!
Native Flordian here too... Let's hope those tires and rock rails you got from me don't get a work out ! Spent 15 yrs on US And R team, Hurricanes were my thing, been to every storm since Charley including Katrina up until I retired.... then had Irma And Matthew to deal with... Think we're looking better today for Dorian expected turn N in the next 24 as long as High Pressure ridge stays over us... she'll go toward the path of least resistance and eventually head NE out to sea but it's gonna be a bit before we know for sure.... Models are looking better all the time

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Chevy and a Caddy
Looks like the path has changed and we might get hit here in Wilmington NC. Again. I still haven't fixed my roof from last year's hurricane. I really don't want to evacuate again. Couldn't go home for weeks last year. :(

MATANZAS STING RAY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Stingrey Gladiator from Travis

Plywood.jpg
We're gonna call ya a poser! Sheesh, didn't put the tailgate at half notch, use a 2x6 for load bearing of the plywood and no plywood notches for the fuel filler either, LOL! Stay safe if ya'll get called up for duty!

OP
OP
Evilhomer 0||||||||0

Evilhomer 0||||||||0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
We're gonna call ya a poser! Sheesh, didn't put the tailgate at half notch, use a 2x6 for load bearing of the plywood and no plywood notches for the fuel filler either, LOL! Stay safe if ya'll get called up for duty!
I'll be perfectly honest. I'm first and foremost a casual Jeep guy, not a truck guy. But I'm seeing the daily utility of owning and using a truck. I'm oddly satisfied that I hauled plywood in anger, this forum certainly does invoke a bit of whimsy in that regard. A local roofing company was giving away plywood, mighty nice of them to hand out such a high demand resource prior to the storm.

Looks like Florida dodged this one for now, hope this thing stays away from all of us and our friends up in Georgia, SC and NC.

BTW, I know everyone loves their 8 speed auto trans, but driving this manual is simply joyous, just a quick plug for the manual if anyone is on the fence......

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Now why would anyone need to cut a notch in the plywood? Don’t tell us it’s a gas line bulge issue! Insane concept! But hey what do I know about this?!

Sponsored