• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

ssjx7squall

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
  • Banned
Personally I dislike it when hybrids are talked about as if they are electric (even though they technically sort of are), but it looks like they will be doing a reveal of the hybrid on the 19th?

Tweeted by Ford Australia, UK and Ireland, suggesting it will be RHD-market first.

Ford Ranger Hybrid / Electric Ranger Teased by Ford - Sept 19 Reveal! electric-ford-ranger-teaser

Ford Ranger Hybrid / Electric Ranger Teased by Ford - Sept 19 Reveal! electric-ford-ranger-teaser2

Reactions: MJE

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
ROW only it looks like. Be interesting to see which engine they pair it with and what the towing and payload look like.

OP
OP

ssjx7squall

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
  • Banned
ROW only it looks like. Be interesting to see which engine they pair it with and what the towing and payload look like.

It will be. Personally I am wondering what an all electric ranger would be like and if ford will ever be able to justify it

Zackattack2846

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 gmc canyon
Occupation
Tech
I would get an electric ranger in a heart beat.
I would totally be down, just freaking rivians cost way too much

Sponsored

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT || 2023 Escape PHEV
I'm hoping it is a PHEV with a robust Pro Power Onboard. That will be perfect for my needs and it will be able to power my house when the grid goes down.

Stretch

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 FX4, 2022 Escape PHEV, 2024 Ranger?
I would be all over a PHEV as well. We picked up an Escape PHEV earlier this year and I think its great. Most of the driving is on quiet nearly free electric (I have solar). But when you want to go a long distance, filling it at a gas station like any other ICE. Most of the driving is around town so we fill it up maybe... once a month.

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT || 2023 Escape PHEV
I would be all over a PHEV as well. We picked up an Escape PHEV earlier this year and I think its great. Most of the driving is on quiet nearly free electric (I have solar). But when you want to go a long distance, filling it at a gas station like any other ICE. Most of the driving is around town so we fill it up maybe... once a month.
Have had our Escape PHEV for almost a month. Same experience as you. We have 400 miles on it and just filled it up for the first time (4 gallons). A Ranger PHEV will be the best of both worlds.

jdlapointe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Taurus, 1970 Fairlane 500
Occupation
Project Manager
I would really like something similar to the f150 power-boost. You get the best of both without much of a draw back.

OP
OP

ssjx7squall

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
Well my money is on it being a PHEV but I guess we will find out next week!

Sponsored

Tagtexas

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Retired
We will see it in about two years - about the same time my 2024 Ranger Raptor is delivered.

Deleted member 6764

PHEV is the way to go right now, both for current practicality but also pushing EVSE infrastructure in a reasonable way given the US population density. All electric and other "ZEV" have too many drawbacks currently, it will get there though.

Mikknj

First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger XLT Cactus Grey
Free solar? I paid for the system up front so I'm still paying to charge the battery even though It's not coming out of my pocket directly. Even so, I'd buy an electric truck - we just need more chargers everywhere, besides the home so long trips are worry free.
Sponsored