Sponsored

I figured out what's wrong with JT Overland...

MyGeekDaddy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Overland Gladiator
Occupation
Engineer
it's the 18" wheels.

Everytime I look at my JT or someone else who puts new tires on the stock Overland rims, they always look off. Someone puts 16"/17" rims and tires, the rim to tire ratio just looks better. Go up to 20" wheels, different ratio and that still looks better than 18" wheels.

What's sad is I love the style of the Overland rims, it's just an odd size for mid-size truck.

So Overland owners... do you see it too?
Sponsored

Boogerman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trail Hawk
No... mine only stayed on like 1000 miles if that... I would have maybe kept them but they were too narrow... not sure why they ever put those tires on them to start with

HorneyBadger

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport, 2022 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Performance Analyst
Jeep has always used 18's on the Sahara and now Overland. Guess better handling on the road since they are the luxury models. But getting A/T's for those rims are a PITA and cost more. I was not a fan of the Overland rims. Immediately bought some JLU Rubicon takeoffs and it looked much better... Until I bought the 35's and new rims.

wvyankee2

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
I don't see it with 35's. But to each his own. Are the Stock Overland wheels my favorite? No. But I liked them just enough to not spend the money on new wheels. Got the tire size I wanted also. Which was a 35/11.5. I really wanted to keep my wheels under the fenders.

Jeep Gladiator I figured out what's wrong with JT Overland... JTcapped

Sponsored

AZJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Same here - I looked at TONS of wheels before upgrading my tires, and found that a large portion of the latest offerings are black, spoked styles - just like the Overland OEM wheel. I'm a fan of it, and kept it - just put on a larger tire.

20201229_113716_resized_2.jpg

Erievon

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR., 2021 JLU Altitude
Occupation
International Banker
It's the H/T that most Overlands have. Even the factory 32" A/T option looks much better on that rim (that mine came with thank goodness).

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
Naw it's the tires. Those are nice looking rims, and an 18" is what 6% greater diameter? If you didn't know, could you really tell?

The base Panamera used to have 18's, thought they looked better than the 20's.

it's the 18" wheels.

Everytime I look at my JT or someone else who puts new tires on the stock Overland rims, they always look off. Someone puts 16"/17" rims and tires, the rim to tire ratio just looks better. Go up to 20" wheels, different ratio and that still looks better than 18" wheels.

What's sad is I love the style of the Overland rims, it's just an odd size for mid-size truck.

So Overland owners... do you see it too?

Sponsored

Clay

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired LEO
I like the Overland wheels, don't see anything wrong with them. I like them better than what comes on the other models. When it's time for new tires, I'll be keeping the Overland wheels.
I feel the same! When I first saw them, I loved them right away!

Pescado

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
The longer you stare at the stock Overland rims the more you will like them, don't fall into that trap, I almost did :LOL:

I replaced mine and Off Road Warehouse tried to convince me to go to 17's but I didnt and am glad. I love the way mine looks with 35's. (crappy pic does no justice)

jeep2.jpg

rim.jpg

Jonny A

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Bridge Construction and Maintenance
The longer you stare at the stock Overland rims the more you will like them, don't fall into that trap, I almost did :LOL:

I replaced mine and Off Road Warehouse tried to convince me to go to 17's but I didnt and am glad. I love the way mine looks with 35's. (crappy pic does no justice)

Jeep Gladiator I figured out what's wrong with JT Overland... rim

That really is good looking. LIKE!

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
I don't see it with 35's. But to each his own. Are the Stock Overland wheels my favorite? No. But I liked them just enough to not spend the money on new wheels. Got the tire size I wanted also. Which was a 35/11.5. I really wanted to keep my wheels under the fenders.

ARE? Are you happy with it?
Sponsored