I have electrical issues I think..

SubiRubi

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I know about the door plug issue and have checked the plugs and all of the wires are straight. I have carefully plugged all of them in. But the Driver door still is flaky when using the button to lock or the handle to unlock.. sometimes it'll work sometimes it won't, Sometimes it will lock by itself without me even touching anything. All the other doors work as they should.

2: The 8.4" radio I have will drop volume like I'm muting it for no reason.. doesn't matter if it's on Sirius or Android auto.. Turn volume up it comes right back. Does this intermittently all the time..

Any ideas before I drop it off at the stealership?? TIA!!
Sponsored

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
I think you're right...

Time for a visit to the dealership!

Kevin

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I know about the door plug issue and have checked the plugs and all of the wires are straight. I have carefully plugged all of them in. But the Driver door still is flaky when using the button to lock or the handle to unlock.. sometimes it'll work sometimes it won't, Sometimes it will lock by itself without me even touching anything. All the other doors work as they should.

2: The 8.4" radio I have will drop volume like I'm muting it for no reason.. doesn't matter if it's on Sirius or Android auto.. Turn volume up it comes right back. Does this intermittently all the time..

Any ideas before I drop it off at the stealership?? TIA!!
Do you got the radio set to go lower as you stop and get louder as you start to drive. If you do you might need to turn that off and see if it solves the muting problem. I noticed when I set mine to do it my radio started muting when I would turn the jeep off. It stopped doing it after I turned the feature back off

OP
OP
SubiRubi

SubiRubi

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Do you got the radio set to go lower as you stop and get louder as you start to drive. If you do you might need to turn that off and see if it solves the muting problem. I noticed when I set mine to do it my radio started muting when I would turn the jeep off. It stopped doing it after I turned the feature back off
I thought of that and turned it off and it still did it.. I didn;t turn the Jeep off tho to reset it. I'll try that and see if it helps.. thanks

OldSalt52

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
If your phone is linked by bluetooth and it receives any message or other event where it would make a sound on the phone, the radio volume may drop in preparation for using the bluetooth audio. I notice this when my wife is texting while we drive. Every time the phone dings with a new message the volume drops on the radio. It should come back up after a few seconds.

Sponsored

OP
OP
SubiRubi

SubiRubi

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
If your phone is linked by bluetooth and it receives any message or other event where it would make a sound on the phone, the radio volume may drop in preparation for using the bluetooth audio. I notice this when my wife is texting while we drive. Every time the phone dings with a new message the volume drops on the radio. It should come back up after a few seconds.
Thought of that too, so I waited... and waited... a good 3 or 4 minutes. Never would come back until I turned the volume knob and poof!! Back to the original volume.

Update: I drove it today with the speed volume adjustment turned off and it didn't do it.. Maybe I'll see if there is a software update for the radio.. May just be a glitch.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Thought of that too, so I waited... and waited... a good 3 or 4 minutes. Never would come back until I turned the volume knob and poof!! Back to the original volume.

Update: I drove it today with the speed volume adjustment turned off and it didn't do it.. Maybe I'll see if there is a software update for the radio.. May just be a glitch.
Glad to here that. I tell you this, mine was doing it and at my last oil change they did some kind of update that was needed, it was on my invoice but can't remember off the top of my head what it was. Anyway, now mine doesn't do it with the speed adjustment feature on not sure if it was that or another over the air update happened. Hopefully you can work out the bug in yours.
Sponsored