Sponsored

I have to ask…

Is it a truck thing paying to have a lift installed?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RCKLNDR

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I’ve been on Jeep forums for a little over a decade and I’ve never seen so many people pay to have lifts installed on their Jeeps. In all seriousness, is this a truck thing?
Sponsored

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
I had the lift done by a shop so I could have everything installed all at once while I had only a short time home and have time to clean/fix my house.

if you look at the start of my build thread… I have a lot of stuff that a shop put on… there’s still a bunch of thing I installed too

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
For me it would be a time is money thing.
If a reputable shop can do that while I'm sitting in the AC somewhere and making my $120/hour then I feel like I'm coming out ahead.
If I have the time and I'm not making money then I can do it myself.

Sponsored

OP
OP
RCKLNDR

RCKLNDR

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
As opposed to what?
I’m not 100% sure I understand the question. I was trying to gauge if it’s more common in the truck world to not install lifts yourself and potentially the gladiator pulling folks over to the “jeep” world accounts for the uptick.

cuellar13

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 RAM, 2021 Bronco Big Bend, 1966 GMC Stepside
Occupation
Director of Recruitment for Pharma/Biotech/Device Consulting Firm
I’ve been on Jeep forums for a little over a decade and I’ve never seen so many people pay to have lifts installed on their Jeeps. In all seriousness, is this a truck thing?
I never pay anyone to do anything that I have the time and know-how to do myself. I once worked with a guy who got pulled over on his way in to work bc he had a brake light out. Needed to replace the bulb. He told me about getting pulled over, and I told him that we could run up the road to grab a bulb at lunch, and I’d show him how to change it, in like 30 seconds. His response was “no way, that’s what mechanics are for…”. He spent like $75 instead of $4 because he was too intimidated to learn.

Barnaby’sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Stuff
I have literally never known someone that installed their own lift that didn’t end up having to crawl around under the vehicle at some point to fix something that broke because of something they installed.

It’s not like we’re talking about back in ‘00 when you could get a “nice” TJ for ~$20K brand new. ~$55-60K MSRP vehicle (run of the mill JTR) and you can pay a few bucks for labor to have a lift installed and maintain the warranty for associated components?

Not really sure why someone would be dumbfounded by the decision to pay the dealer to do the install in this scenario.

I did the wrenching on my own shit thing for years. I’ve got no interest in it at this point. I can do it, I just choose not to because I’ve got better things to do with my time.

Sponsored

Barnaby’sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Stuff
Why does anyone CARE if you, me, or anyone else pays to have work done on THEIR vehicle?

If you think it results in having to fix it later you obviously went to the wrong place.
‘Cause OP is hardcore “built, not bought” peep and wants to come in and regale folks with tales of how real Jeeper do.

Dan in Pasadena

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
‘Cause OP is hardcore “built, not bought” peep and wants to come in and regale folks with tales of how real Jeeper do.
Oh ok, got it. If you didn't bust your own knuckles, spill some blood then you're not a "real" jeep person. Right. I'll try to remember that. Sheesh

Barnaby’sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Stuff
Oh ok, got it. If you didn't bust your own knuckles, spill some blood then you're not a "real" jeep person. Right. I'll try to remember that. Sheesh
Oh, it’s a thing/sub-sect of Jeep owners. If you haven’t already, you’ll run into it sooner or later.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.