fun2drum

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Seriously wow. I read all these stories about dealers not wanting to help people. Today I went to my dealer's service manager about two issues and he immediately scheduled me for the first one for this Monday, and the other one for when the parts come in.

Guess which issues they are. That's right - the hot air conditioner and the steering. No questions asked, and no proof necessary. I said I had the issues and he said "no problem, we'll take care of it." I wasn't even in there five minutes. :like:

This isn't to start a conversation about TSB's so please don't go there - there are other threads for that. This is just to say there are excellent dealers out there who truly care about their business and their customers. Fortunately the one in my small NC town is one of them.
Sponsored

HooliganActual

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Honestly, it all depends on the people working there. I used to love my dealer because my service advisor was a wheeler himself and always wanted to chat about mods I've done or where I wheeled last. Alas, he left during the COVID lockdown and it hasn't been the same. I've been bounced around between a few Service Advisors. Took my wife's JKUR in for an oil change and actually got into with the newest SA because I was waiting in the waiting room for the job to finish and he was leaving voice messages on my home phone...even though he had previously texted my cell phone when I checked in.

I don't think that dealerships are generally good or bad. It's just that customer service in this country has taken a real nose dive and it seems like the dealerships aren't immune to it.

Keep up the rapport with whoever you had the good service from and pray that they don't move on to another role/job.

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
If you've got good people that's fucking amazing and stick with it. I loath my local dealer because despite their home spun ads, it's very clear and very obviously they are just as money grubbing as any other dealership of the modern era. Dealerships always grumble about why people don't like them but if you ask the staff they know exactly why.

This is not to say all dealerships are crap but most dealerships are in the business of being fine mesh money screens and while I would love to help you build and buy the car of your dreams, to actually help you understand what you are buying; I do not for one second want to be a car sales guy at a dealership because despite all of their feigned interest in you and you wants/needs & dreams... you are the impediment that stands between them and money. I don't hate my self enough to do that every day.

But if you have good people who care on a human to human basis, rock on man because that's the dream; knowledgeable staff with a desire to do what is right versus what is profitable.

Skull

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Occupation
Aircraft Technician
Seriously wow. I read all these stories about dealers not wanting to help people. Today I went to my dealer's service manager about two issues and he immediately scheduled me for the first one for this Monday, and the other one for when the parts come in.

Guess which issues they are. That's right - the hot air conditioner and the steering. No questions asked, and no proof necessary. I said I had the issues and he said "no problem, we'll take care of it." I wasn't even in there five minutes. :like:

This isn't to start a conversation about TSB's so please don't go there - there are other threads for that. This is just to say there are excellent dealers out there who truly care about their business and their customers. Fortunately the one in my small NC town is one of them.
What dealer because here in piedmont area they all suck…

OP
OP
fun2drum

fun2drum

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
What dealer because here in piedmont area they all suck…
It's in Marion. Right next to I-40. They're a smaller dealership, definitely Jeep lovers. When I go for service, Tony, the guy who sold me mine usually comes out and chats about Jeep stuff, camping, and whatever else comes to mind. They don't have massage chairs and fancy coffee bars, but they're good people. They don't do on-line service scheduling but if I call they'll get me in within a short time. When I show up for service they're always ready for me and I don't have to wait around all day for them to get to it. I know I'm gushing but it's like going to see family when I go there - not some slick, high-pressure, slow service megastore like I've seen with previous vehicles I've bought.

BTW, When I bought my Gladiator it was after hours when we were finalizing everything. When I walked around back with the salesman to pick it up, Odie, the general manager of the dealership was out there finishing up drying it and cleaning the windows. Yes he let everyone go home to their families and he cleaned it up for me himself. That's where the good customer service attitude comes from - it's from the top down.

Edit: I want to be clear that the dealership has no idea I'm talking about them like this. I only gave their identity because I was asked to do so here in this thread. This is just my personal experience that I wanted to share. I hope this is okay with the site admins.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Wyofuy069

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 jt Mojave
Occupation
Sales
I now have experience with two Jeep dealers Larry Miller in Aurora, CO and Johnson Auto in Laramie WY. I didn’t even know Johnson Auto existed when I went to Denver to Jeep shop. Had my first oil change with them and was done in 40 minutes. No problems. They didn’t wash it, but my expectations were already lower in that department, so no big deal. Have to say my salesperson Chris was awesome at Larry Miller and their selection was incredible at the time. They had about 20 Mojave’s to pick from on the lot. I’ll shop Johnson first next time, but if you are in Denver see Chris at Larry Miller.

Skull

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Occupation
Aircraft Technician
It's in Marion. Right next to I-40. They're a smaller dealership, definitely Jeep lovers. When I go for service, Tony, the guy who sold me mine usually comes out and chats about Jeep stuff, camping, and whatever else comes to mind. They don't have massage chairs and fancy coffee bars, but they're good people. They don't do on-line service scheduling but if I call they'll get me in within a short time. When I show up for service they're always ready for me and I don't have to wait around all day for them to get to it. I know I'm gushing but it's like going to see family when I go there - not some slick, high-pressure, slow service megastore like I've seen with previous vehicles I've bought.

BTW, When I bought my Gladiator it was after hours when we were finalizing everything. When I walked around back with the salesman to pick it up, Odie, the general manager of the dealership was out there finishing up drying it and cleaning the windows. Yes he let everyone go home to their families and he cleaned it up for me himself. That's where the good customer service attitude comes from - it's from the top down.

Edit: I want to be clear that the dealership has no idea I'm talking about them like this. I only gave their identity because I was asked to do so here in this thread. This is just my personal experience that I wanted to share. I hope this is okay with the site admins.
Good to know there is still a well run dealer around and thanks for sharing..
Sponsored