Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't really got on the JT much since I bought it but I couldn't resist this morning when a stock Taco decided he wanted some. Not sure what his motivation was but he was pretty adamant about beating me to each light until I realized what was going on and put a stop to it. I even caught a wheel twice for a decent distance considering but after the two lights he was in my rear view and smiling in shame. These JTs have some pretty decent take off despite the fact that they are only 3.6 liters. It hurt my MPGs a little but it was worth it. Now back to grandpa driving.
Sponsored

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
They’re pretty even. A friend of mine has one and we tried it once screwing around. My 2017 Canyon All Terrain, would spank his ass. It was over a second faster 0-60 than our Gladiators at 6.1 sec. It also had a 3.6l/8 speed auto, but it had 28 more hp and was like 300 lbs lighter. My Gladiator always feels like it has enough power, but I to miss how the Canyon would push me back in the seat when it got over 4K RPM. It also revved higher to 7200 rpm. Great engine in that truck. I wish we had GMs LGZ 3.6l. It also had direct injection and cylinder deactivation so I got literally 5 mpg better on the hwy. it got it’s posted 24 mpg epa figure Even up to 80 mph. Mine only gets 19 mpg, which is 3 mpg shy of what I should get.

Shootist

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
For me I have both the go fast and the go off road vehicles. So I typically just watch them and smile. Might even say wow that thing is pretty fast isn’t it. Funny how nobody wants any when I am driving the go fast. Something about a supercharger whine that makes most people (in regular cars at least) behave at stop lights.

Jeep Gladiator I raced a Taco this morning 1E6F707F-2532-487B-A340-9743AAE5F2DA

Jeep Gladiator I raced a Taco this morning 1D90FBD1-9FDE-4AC1-9C2E-5081F4E69874

Jeep Gladiator I raced a Taco this morning 7D6215EB-6FEB-408B-BBA3-5AF58A8F1809

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I got a 17 mustang 5.0 I'm building now and also have a 17 BMW 440i both go pretty fast, I just thought it was funny to see the Taco trying to keep up and even trying to race. Normally I don't pay much attention to it, but something about this guy got me fired up
Jeep Gladiator I raced a Taco this morning IMG_20200530_061823
Jeep Gladiator I raced a Taco this morning MVIMG_20191218_072928

Shootist

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Nice rides. I have had lots of his fast rides in my time but the Javelin is the only one that actually still scares the heck out of me when I stand on it. I have been running 60+ and gotten just a tad too frisky with the skinny pedal only to have the backend try to pass the front end. More than once I have had to pull over and gather my wits due to the skinny pedal surprise.

Sponsored

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
Our Safety boss has a 2019 Colorado ZR2, it is a NICE truck and it hauls ASS. His wife had him sell her full lux 2017 Tahoe, she liked the ZR2 interior better and the smaller size suited her. Fantastic riding truck, too!

I've ridden in it, I'd never bother to bug him on the street. The JTR has adequate power but it's not fast. HOWEVER, our JTR has 40% greater towing capacity and will do things the ZR2 can't offroad just by virtue of IFS / tire size. VERY different trucks, and that is a great place for the market to be.

They’re pretty even. A friend of mine has one and we tried it once screwing around. My 2017 Canyon All Terrain, would spank his ass. It was over a second faster 0-60 than our Gladiators at 6.1 sec. It also had a 3.6l/8 speed auto, but it had 28 more hp and was like 300 lbs lighter. My Gladiator always feels like it has enough power, but I to miss how the Canyon would push me back in the seat when it got over 4K RPM. It also revved higher to 7200 rpm. Great engine in that truck. I wish we had GMs LGZ 3.6l. It also had direct injection and cylinder deactivation so I got literally 5 mpg better on the hwy. it got it’s posted 24 mpg epa figure Even up to 80 mph. Mine only gets 19 mpg, which is 3 mpg shy of what I should get.

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
Our Safety boss has a 2019 Colorado ZR2, it is a NICE truck and it hauls ASS. His wife had him sell her full lux 2017 Tahoe, she liked the ZR2 interior better and the smaller size suited her. Fantastic riding truck, too!

I've ridden in it, I'd never bother to bug him on the street. The JTR has adequate power but it's not fast. HOWEVER, our JTR has 40% greater towing capacity and will do things the ZR2 can't offroad just by virtue of IFS / tire size. VERY different trucks, and that is a great place for the market to be.
Mine was an All Terrain, which is like a Z71. They have a much higher tow rating than the ZR2. My tow rating was 7k lbs, which is actually 1k lbs higher than my Overland. The ZR2 wasn’t out yet when I got mine, but I probably would not have bought one because of the much lower tow rating. They are a lot heavier too so their performance numbers are about the same as the Gladiator. The latter wouldn’t have stopped me from getting one though...

Jimmy-

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
I got a 17 mustang 5.0 I'm building now and also have a 17 BMW 440i both go pretty fast, I just thought it was funny to see the Taco trying to keep up and even trying to race. Normally I don't pay much attention to it, but something about this guy got me fired up
nice!
Jeep Gladiator I raced a Taco this morning 12E2C282-697C-4B02-8B93-2E1BBA9ED5AB

JohnFinx

First Name
Fin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 1988 Cherokee , 1969 Plymouth Satellite Conv
Occupation
Telecom engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone notice the Gladiator gets better MPG if you push it a little? I goes down if I baby it.
I guess it gets up into a better hp/gear ratio.
Sponsored