I wish this would just go away...

Paull0426

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Is it just me or does it seem like every gosh darn dealership wants to add 3-5k in “aftermarkets” Such as tint, wheel locks, and “paint protection”....I’m literally at a stand still On a deal for a new Durango because the dealership won’t discount it completely
Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I got window tint for free at Hendricks. They only charged $175 for the spray in liner as well but they didn't do the best job. I wish they would of just let me pay for that.

Jason Oliver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Mohave, '18 Jeep Renegade Trail Hawk
Occupation
Approaching Retirement
Some are like that, but not all. Go to another dealer. It might be farther away, but I don't believe in being held hostage by locals that insist on adding on excess profits on an already expensive vehicle.

sdk131

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow - Sarge Green
YES! the local (smaller) dealer near me rarely will leave any gladiator stock. Rubicon or sport doesn't matter they still slap thesehorrible 22" wheels and super cheap lift kits on them along with a few chrome doo dads and call them "customized" and add on $6k or more for what was likely $2k in cheap parts and off brand tires. I think in the last year i remember seeing one bone stock gladiator while driving by. I once asked the sales guy if they would remove the junk and put one back to stock....."nope, these are selling like hotcakes and we can't keep them in stock". Glad I found a better dealer within 75 miles that does no haggle special orders with great pricing.

DeezJT

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending
Occupation
Process Engineer
I visited at least 5 dealers and all had dealer installed BS. They stated that it was already installed and would not budge on price. They even stated that ALL dealers do it. They will eventually sell it to someone that really wants it. I drove 2 hours to get my Jeep with no dealer installed items.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Paull0426

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I’m currently looking for a dealer within 200 miles that doesn’t add the bs

MrZappo

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Computer Consultant
First dealer I tried pulled that crap. I left quickly.

These are the same type of people that sell it to you that way and then deny a warranty claim because there are aftermarket parts on it.

Run away.

Steak.Sauce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I got really lucky and only got hit with the "paint protection" nonsense. They snuck it in and I was halfway done signing paperwork when I spotted it. I still got a good deal overall, but it was a sneaky move.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
A lot of them love to do this. You might be better off finding one that will just let you do a custom order for an agreed upon price and just avoid the stress of having to find one on the lot.

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Architectural Illustrator
Yeah it’s common. When I was looking for a 4runner, the dealership had a bunch with an “off road” package. It consisted of a front spacer lift, rims, and 33s. They charged 8k for it. When I asked them what it included they said “off road suspension”. Which was only a front spacer kit. Total BS.

The salesman didn’t even know what the suspension setup was. which brings up another irk. The salesmen don’t even know anything about the cars they are selling. It’s like you have one job, dude. How hard is it to be proficient in the vehicles you sell? Especially when towing and payload can very.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Paull0426

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Yeah it’s common. When I was looking for a 4runner, the dealership had a bunch with an “off road” package. It consisted of a front spacer lift, rims, and 33s. They charged 8k for it. When I asked them what it included they said “off road suspension”. Which was only a front spacer kit. Total BS.

The salesman didn’t even know what the suspension setup was. which brings up another irk. The salesmen don’t even know anything about the cars they are selling. It’s like you have one job, dude. How hard is it to be proficient in the vehicles you sell? Especially when towing and payload can very.
[/QUOTE
I know right one dealer tried to tell me the rt Durango was a lower trim level then gt

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Architectural Illustrator
I know right one dealer tried to tell me the rt Durango was a lower trim level then gt
One of the dealers I went to didn’t know the difference between max tow and a tow package. Unless you do your own homework, which everyone should do, you could buy a truck that doesn’t tow what you think it does.

Snzzbry_Ovrlnd

First Name
Lin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Army
Vehicle Showcase
I was lucky. My dealer had an Overland that I liked but it had a soft top and I wanted the hard top. He wouldn't swap it for me, so he went out on the dealer network and found one for me. It was an Overland with the same color, Snazzberry Pearl, with a hard top. It was a couple of thousand more but that was because it had leather seats, 8.4" Alpine Infotainment system, and the Freedom Hard Top, it was a deal to me. Mine came off the truck and I took it home. I have the window sticker with the backing still on it.

Jeep Gladiator I wish this would just go away... 20201219_095325

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
It does suck that so many dealers are slimy and charge thousands of dollars extra for a few, cheap, bolt-on parts. Luckily, we don't live in North Korea. So, yeah. Travel as far as you have to for a dealer that does not do that. Luckily, my local Jeep dealer in Colorado Springs is pretty good. They were so laid back about the entire transaction it was a little spooky. They casually asked if I wanted any upgrades. I casually said, "No thank you" and that was the end of it.

SteveInOrlando

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Software Design
Dealers sales reps have a really high churn rate. They are only there to earn your trust and keep you entertained. They have no power in the deal! All the numbers come from the sales managers.
A lot of dealers don't even bother to train their salesmen. To run a sales rep through the training costs the dealer money. Why waste it?

I have met sales reps that didn't know which Yukons were Suburbans and which were Tahoes. I believe nothing a sales rep, a sales manager, or a finance manger tells me. If it isn't in writing, it doesn't matter what they say.

That said, I found the dealer in the local area that doesn't automatically add stuff to the vehicles and doesn't do processing fees.

Good luck. I know they can be hard to find.
Sponsored