First Name
Cooper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT
I just picked up two of the 1619 boxes. You’re right, they do fit perfectly between the wheel wells. Do you keep them in the bed all the time? If so, do you tie them down? Secure them some other way?

Looking at your last pic, now I’m wondering if two of the 1719s would fit side by side behind the wheel wells.
I don't have them in there all the time. They store my camping equipment so the bed ends up full when they're in there - then closed in with the bed cover. If I had more, I might experiment with putting 2x4s in the slots (designed for hauling plywood, etc.) to hold things.

If I remember correctly, the 1719 was a little over the center line so two wouldn't fit. I may be wrong though because, in the photo, it looks like it's right on center.
Sponsored

OP
OP
darksidedesign

darksidedesign

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave in Gator
Occupation
Graphic Designer / Illustrator
I don't have them in there all the time. They store my camping equipment so the bed ends up full when they're in there - then closed in with the bed cover. If I had more, I might experiment with putting 2x4s in the slots (designed for hauling plywood, etc.) to hold things.

If I remember correctly, the 1719 was a little over the center line so two wouldn't fit. I may be wrong though because, in the photo, it looks like it's right on center.
I think I’m going to try and keep a couple of them up against the bed full-time. I’ll be putting recovery and survival gear in one and tools in the other. I do have a tonneau cover, so they won’t be visible. I’ve had them empty in there loose for the past couple days and they haven’t moved an inch.

The Crusader

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting gray JTSD.
Occupation
Field Engineer
This guy made really nice headliners for his JK. The fabric choice is hideous, but the execution looks top notch and cheap. You can choose from thousands of fabrics. I'd paint the underside of the roof first to get rid of the igloo look.

Junker21

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys , 1993 F-150 Off Road RC SB
Occupation
Retired Mailman
This guy made really nice headliners for his JK. The fabric choice is hideous, but the execution looks top notch and cheap. You can choose from thousands of fabrics. I'd paint the underside of the roof first to get rid of the igloo look.

I would have been down to do this but mine came equipped with the factory headliner . $550.00 !!
I never would select this option on a factory order ! Ridiculous .

IamAlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Willys
Occupation
Retired

Maybe he's building a Jeepney!:idea:
Jeep Gladiator IDEA THREAD: Mods on a tight budget 3b01426a6f2b98541a3324da52dac42e6ead1bbb

Sponsored

OP
OP
darksidedesign

darksidedesign

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I still have not figured out the best way to secure the Plano boxes in the bed. I do have a tonneau cover, so most of the time, they won’t be visible to potential thieves.

Maybe I'm overthinking this. I should just use a ratchet strap around both boxes. I guess I was just trying to come up with a more elegant solution.

Reebtnawi

First Name
Cooper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT
I still have not figured out the best way to secure the Plano boxes in the bed. I do have a tonneau cover, so most of the time, they won’t be visible to potential thieves.

Maybe I'm overthinking this. I should just use a ratchet strap around both boxes. I guess I was just trying to come up with a more elegant solution.
Yeah - I don't have a good way either. For something basic, I think I would tie some paracord to one of the D rings, go around the tie-down lugs on the tubs, then to the other D ring. Maybe a molle panel in the back of the bed would be useful for better options. But then we're getting away from the tight budget theme... :-D

The Crusader

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting gray JTSD.
Occupation
Field Engineer
Jeep Gladiator IDEA THREAD: Mods on a tight budget 3b01426a6f2b98541a3324da52dac42e6ead1bbb

There's a little space. Not quite as good a fit with two sideways.

This is a Plano 1619 and 1719 behind the wheel wells. They won't fit between the wheel wells.
You can cut a 2x6 to fit in the slots behind the wheel wells and fit a couple of boxes by the tailgate. Bed line it for durability.

Sponsored

Reebtnawi

First Name
Cooper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT
You can cut a 2x6 to fit in the slots behind the wheel wells and fit a couple of boxes by the tailgate. Bed line it for durability.
I also saw a post where a guy put a 2x4 in the slot and another 2x4 between the wheel wells - then connected them with two more 2x4s. That would keep boxes from sliding toward the tailgate.

Reebtnawi

First Name
Cooper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT
Got the shovel/axe mounted up in the bed...

Since I have been lurking on this board, it has given me a ton of ideas and cost me a ton of money. A huge thanks to all for the awesome ideas!
Here's an idea. Not sure how that bar is mounted in there. Maybe O-Face will see this and let us know.

OP
OP
darksidedesign

darksidedesign

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I also saw a post where a guy put a 2x4 in the slot and another 2x4 between the wheel wells - then connected them with two more 2x4s. That would keep boxes from sliding toward the tailgate.
Do you mean in the indentations on the top of the wheel wells? I’d be interested in seeing that.

With all the recovery gear and standard tools, I outgrew the space under the back seat. So this was a logical addition.

Jeep Gladiator IDEA THREAD: Mods on a tight budget image

They’ve actually been in the bed for over two weeks now and haven’t moved from that spot. Even without anything securing them to the bed.

Thos that have done this, did you waterproof the lids? If so, what did you use? Any links would be helpful.