First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Snazzberry Willys
Occupation
Steel Fabrication
Formed some kydex to cover the key hole. Not to hard to do, bought a 12 inch square for $12 off amazon. Turned a form out of a piece of hard maple at 1-5/16 inch fits snug didn't use any tape and its been on for a week of daily driving.

FAD7CE19-25A7-4171-9EF0-7E3751C7FB56.jpeg
Sponsored

Midnight Rider

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport S, RIP.
Occupation
Senior Construction Inspector
Vehicle Showcase
Which is the exact reason I’m doing mods on a smaller budget. This is NOT my first Jeep, but my wife has never owned one. She struggles to spend large amounts of money on Jeep mods. Her reasoning is “Why pay to replace something that works just fine?” So I am attempting to spend less on some modifications. She’s much more willing to agree to it, if it’s not terribly expensive. I have a hard time believing I’m the only one attempting to do this.
I am with you 100%. I bought preowned & am just doing little things to make it my own. Nothing extravagant- floor liners, etc. Over time I’ll get where I want it & enjoy that process.

GoBraves95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Here is my 40 dollar weather resistant bed storage option. Home depot has these boxes for 35 ish and the weather seal was 5 or 6 bucks on amazon. Sits nicely in the wheel well with my 5 gallon milspec gas gan and my traction boards. In the box I have:
- Mopar cover
- Bolt on mirrors
- shovel
- tow rope
- 2 shackles
- tent
-sleeping bag
- emergency food (prepackaged peanuts, granola bars, etc. probably actually going to put that in the cab)
- TP and paper towels
- duct tape
- 2 beach towels
- 5x7 tarp
- ratchet set
- ratchet straps
- tinder
-probably something else I forgot

Going to toss a bike lock cable on it for now

Jeep Gladiator IDEA THREAD: Mods on a tight budget B747B519-C84A-4825-9883-520D0C488968
Jeep Gladiator IDEA THREAD: Mods on a tight budget 8C5C0E1A-512B-4180-811B-1A35FCC86516
Jeep Gladiator IDEA THREAD: Mods on a tight budget 5F18B17C-EDCC-496F-9A10-B328295AEC53
Jeep Gladiator IDEA THREAD: Mods on a tight budget 8E3A97FF-6F57-4C57-ADD5-EFE327469B5F

Sponsored

OP
OP
darksidedesign

darksidedesign

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave in Gator
Occupation
Graphic Designer / Illustrator

Reebtnawi

First Name
Cooper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT
Do those ones have wheels too?
No wheels on these ones. I'm pretty impressed with the Plano boxes in general. I'm about 210 and can stand on these with no problem. Watch for sales. You can usually get the 1619s for anywhere from $12 to $20.

spectre6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
pending
Here's a real cheap one that can have a real benefit, especially for the diesels. Cut the slots out of the grille, fiberglass it to a nice smooth line, put some expanded steel behind it, and open your air flow up for better cooling.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Last edited:

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
Here is my 40 dollar weather resistant bed storage option. Home depot has these boxes for 35 ish and the weather seal was 5 or 6 bucks on amazon. Sits nicely in the wheel well with my 5 gallon milspec gas gan and my traction boards. In the box I have:
- Mopar cover
- Bolt on mirrors
- shovel
- tow rope
- 2 shackles
- tent
-sleeping bag
- emergency food (prepackaged peanuts, granola bars, etc. probably actually going to put that in the cab)
- TP and paper towels
- duct tape
- 2 beach towels
- 5x7 tarp
- ratchet set
- ratchet straps
- tinder
-probably something else I forgot

Going to toss a bike lock cable on it for now

Jeep Gladiator IDEA THREAD: Mods on a tight budget PlanoInJee
I love Plano boxes! we store and transport all out camping gear in them. We have a box for each major camping 'system'... ie Kitchen, lighting and comfort, fuel and grill, firewood, tent supplies (ground cover, stakes, hammers, etc...)

Sponsored

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
Here's a real cheap one that can have a real benefit, especially for the diesels. Cut the slots out of the grille, fiberglass it to a nice smooth line, put some expanded steel behind it, and open your air flow up for better cooling.
Pics or it didn't happen...

Kevin

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
My Budget build so far… lift is Rubi springs/shocks - $100; Daystar 1.5” level lift $100; Rubi sliders $100; Mojave wheels $200; Baja Boss AT 35*12.5*17 (5) $1900…

Jeep Gladiator IDEA THREAD: Mods on a tight budget EC4A06E4-5E7D-4D69-AC60-8179B1F4AC96

spectre6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
pending
Pics or it didn't happen...
I did it on a 4Runner several years ago. Don't have a JT yet, and won't have a diesel. Still, very easy even with very rudimentary fiberglass skills. If you want to get elaborate with it (which I did with the 4Runner), carve up a wooden buck, and put some curvature into the exp. steel. Makes it look more factory.

crankset

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Willys Sport Manual Hydro Blue
Occupation
Dad
Okay.
As much as I long to spend $2000+ for a steel bumper and nifty winch, it just ain't in the cards.
So I looked at what I expected a winch to do and came up with:

Pull my ass out of the mud or snow if need be.

To that end, I began to look at hitch mounted hand crank winches and everything I found seemed to be cheaply built. However, included the search were come alongs. 99% were equally cheap, or cheaper. When I saw this one, made not 35 miles from my house, from American cast iron and parts that are painted and assembled on site, I was sold. I visited the shop today, met the owners, got a tour and tips, and came home very happy.
It fits readily in my truck saddle box and will do anything I need done.

Oh, did I mention they have a 40% off scratch and dent deal on cosmetic factory seconds?

Jeep Gladiator IDEA THREAD: Mods on a tight budget EC4A06E4-5E7D-4D69-AC60-8179B1F4AC96
Hi, I just discovered this thread. Thanks everyone for the great info.

@IamAlan Have you had a chance to use this puller in a recovery? I like the portability factor. I'm looking for something to have on hand in case I get stuck in a sandy wash (SoCal desert).

IamAlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Willys
Occupation
Retired
Hi, I just discovered this thread. Thanks everyone for the great info.

@IamAlan Have you had a chance to use this puller in a recovery? I like the portability factor. I'm looking for something to have on hand in case I get stuck in a sandy wash (SoCal desert).
No, I have not. I did a "test run" by wenching myself into the yard, anchored to a tree. It's slow, but easy. If you contact them, ask if they have any "seconds". Any second issue is cosmetic only and the wench carries the same warranty as 1st quality, but saves you a lot of money.
Sponsored