First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Sales
Heard about this product in another thread and did not want to hijack the thread but I have been reading about this product and how it increases the responsiveness of the throttle. Everything I am reading sounds positive. I think it may be just what I want/need to quicken the pedal responsiveness thus improving the driving of my manual tranny. Don't get me wrong, I like the MT but as most of you know, you have to feather the pedal when taking off sometimes. The standard setting is just a tad sluggish.

I did a search on this but did not get anything back.

Do any of you have experience with this brand, or other throttle controllers?
Sponsored

Jesnamy01

First Name
Jesse and Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLUR, 2022 Gladiator Sport S
Bought one last year for wife’s 2020 JLUR auto. It has a bunch of settings. Didn’t really see any gains as far as MPG in ECO mode. The Auto setting will definitely get rid of the lag in throttle response. It literally changes the feel of driving. It is so responsive we would let off the gas after an unintentional fast take off. Now we are used to it and still love it.

be77solo

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Willys Sport 6-MT, '19 Cadillac XT4
Definitely let us know what you think with the manual. I had a Pedal Commander on my Tundra that worked really well, but it was an automatic. Great improvement, and I'm sure really helps the auto Jeeps.

I'm curious how these work with a manual though..... my fear is it just revs like crazy when I tap the gas ha. The Pedal Commander on my Tundra could make the throttle quite touchy depending on settings.

OP
OP
Choatecav

Choatecav

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Sales
The postal service finally got the mules back to working and my iDrive throttle controller arrived today. It was a breeze to install and I cannot believe what a change it made to the response and acceleration of my Mojave Gladdy. It is a manual transmission and I can quickly take off and move through the gears with no hesitation. I know that it did not increase the power but the response is so dramatic that it sure feels like it. Great add to any Gladdy!!

Sponsored

Mojave2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator
I’ve mentioned it on other threads but I’d check out the Banks Pedal Monster. It has some unique safety features like retaining stock settings for reverse and at low mph. It made my Mojave so much more fun to drive and with much smoother acceleration now.

While these throttle controllers don’t add horsepower it’s amazing how much of a difference a responsive gas pedal makes.

be77solo

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The postal service finally got the mules back to working and my iDrive throttle controller arrived today. It was a breeze to install and I cannot believe what a change it made to the response and acceleration of my Mojave Gladdy. It is a manual transmission and I can quickly take off and move through the gears with no hesitation. I know that it did not increase the power but the response is so dramatic that it sure feels like it. Great add to any Gladdy!!
Thanks for the follow up!

So, not too touchy in stop and go traffic etc? That'd be my biggest concern, have to run my kiddo through car pool each morning.... stop/go/stop/go.....

OP
OP
Choatecav

Choatecav

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Sales
Thanks for the follow up!

So, not too touchy in stop and go traffic etc? That'd be my biggest concern, have to run my kiddo through car pool each morning.... stop/go/stop/go.....
No, not at all. Now, that said, when you first try it is eye-opening as to how responsive it is, but you have so many settings (including factory) that you can choose at touch of a button that you can customize it to your wishes.
You won't regret getting this.

FloridaJT6MT

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Willys
No, not at all. Now, that said, when you first try it is eye-opening as to how responsive it is, but you have so many settings (including factory) that you can choose at touch of a button that you can customize it to your wishes.
You won't regret getting this.
I second this. I have a 21 Willys 6MT. I keep mine on Ultimate 1 (it goes as high as like Ultimate 7 or 8). It totally resolved my sluggish starting issue. He’s not kidding when he says the difference when you first install it is eye opening!

be77solo

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I second this. I have a 21 Willys 6MT. I keep mine on Ultimate 1 (it goes as high as like Ultimate 7 or 8). It totally resolved my sluggish starting issue. He’s not kidding when he says the difference when you first install it is eye opening!
Well dang it, now I have to order one @Choatecav ha!

Sponsored

Pergrem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Yamaha/BRP Tech
I installed one on my 2021 Mojave with the 6spd manual. I leave it on the auto setting. Makes the truck feel like throttle is controlled by an psychical cable and not by wire with the lag. Worth every penny.

be77solo

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Actually, RBArthur82 is the one who turned me onto them and I love it.

If you do get one, let us all know what you think.
Well, picked up a Pedal Commander and got it installed yesterday based on this thread. iDrive was my plan, but had some Amazon gift cards laying around, and had good luck with the Pedal Commander on my Tundra.

Holy cow, you guys weren't joking! It works quite a bit better than I expected. My hesitation of how it would work with the 6 speed manual were totally unfounded. It really does make it feel like much more a physical connection now. It's actually smoother clutch engagement because there's much more of a direct throttle feel.

Definitely a keeper, thanks again for the help and feedback. I would have missed a great mod otherwise.

Settings obviously won't mean much between Pedal Commander/iDrive, but so far liking a City 2-4 setting, will dial in further once it stops raining and I can get on it more without spinning the rears.

Great mod as other said! Really shows how lazy the stock setup is.

OP
OP
Choatecav

Choatecav

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Sales
Well, picked up a Pedal Commander and got it installed yesterday based on this thread. iDrive was my plan, but had some Amazon gift cards laying around, and had good luck with the Pedal Commander on my Tundra.

Holy cow, you guys weren't joking! It works quite a bit better than I expected. My hesitation of how it would work with the 6 speed manual were totally unfounded. It really does make it feel like much more a physical connection now. It's actually smoother clutch engagement because there's much more of a direct throttle feel.

Definitely a keeper, thanks again for the help and feedback. I would have missed a great mod otherwise.

Settings obviously won't mean much between Pedal Commander/iDrive, but so far liking a City 2-4 setting, will dial in further once it stops raining and I can get on it more without spinning the rears.

Great mod as other said! Really shows how lazy the stock setup is.
That is great news and I am so glad that it is making a big difference!! I don't get a red cent from anyone buying anything, but it is very gratifying to know that you took the plunge and can feel and appreciate what it adds.
I really think that based on how Jeep sets up it's standard throttle response, that the impact of a throttle controller is perhaps more in a Jeep than other makes.
Now, if we could just get the rest of the Jeep users to make the same move you did, we will someday conquer the world!!! Ha, ha.

Seriously, glad you like it.
Sponsored