Sponsored

If I add lift, do I have to also buy new tires?

TexasCajun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator 2020
Vehicle Showcase
Not really sure how that works. I have the stock tires on now, I think they are 31.5 maybe.
Sponsored

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Theres no requirement that you get bigger tires after a lift. But if you want bigger tires at some point a lift may be necessary. It all depends on your goals really.

Moe_Fugga

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Depends on how you like the look of the lift with factory tires. This is a 3.5 lift with factory tires. I ran my JT for two weeks like this. No issues whatsoever besides looking kinda silly....I can say that because it’s mine haha If you like this look then go for it! :like:

Jeep Gladiator If I add lift, do I have to also buy new tires? F6C8B0F5-E4A2-44AB-B63F-25BA8ECB8A9D

Swayze

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
You don’t “have” to buy bigger tires. But if you lift your truck you probably will want to buy bigger tires. Feels like with Jeeps that the more mods you do, the more mods you need.

Plus, hanging out on the forums you see so many awesome trucks and ideas. I have the Rubicon takeoffs and am looking at the 2” mopar lift, but I’m thinking I’ll wait til I’m closer to needing new tires as I know that I’ll probably feel like there is too big of a gap under those fenders.

I know if I do one the other will follow, but you might love the look or have will power...

OP
OP

TexasCajun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator 2020
Vehicle Showcase
Depends on how you like the look of the lift with factory tires. This is a 3.5 lift with factory tires. I ran my JT for two weeks like this. No issues whatsoever besides looking kinda silly....I can say that because it’s mine haha If you like this look then go for it! :like:

F6C8B0F5-E4A2-44AB-B63F-25BA8ECB8A9D.jpeg
What size tires are you going to end up getting? Is there a chart somewhere that explains what size tires you should get for how much life you add?

So new to this.

I'm reading i cant get by with 35" tires with just a 2.5" lift. Just dont know if that is all in my budget.

Sponsored

Moe_Fugga

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
What size tires are you going to end up getting? Is there a chart somewhere that explains what size tires you should get for how much life you add?

So new to this.
I went with 35s. Could have fit 37s easily, but price was a major factor and I was already at my limit. Plus I prefer a bit more room for flex, so 35s took the worry out of the equation.

The easiest solution for tire size selection is whatever the lift manufacturer suggests. However, lots of people go bigger than that and are fine. If you read enough on the forums there is a lot of good info for the topic. Figure out how much lift you want to go OR what size tires you want and then the other will come with research.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Not really sure how that works. I have the stock tires on now, I think they are 31.5 maybe.
It's up to you... If you're into having tiny tires on a truck, go for it.

But, I for one, prefer my vehicle to NOT look goofy. ;)

For me, every vehicle that I lift, either gets bigger tires, or wheels & tires...Depends on how ugly or deficient the stock wheels are for my intended purposes.

Jeep Gladiator If I add lift, do I have to also buy new tires? JTR
Jeep Gladiator If I add lift, do I have to also buy new tires? JTR 2

Sponsored

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
If your new to this make sure you do research. IMo 35’s cause too much power loss and gear searching. No reason you can’t go for a 2in spacer lift and 33’s to achieve the look you want at WAY less cost.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland

So new to this.

I'm reading i cant get by with 35" tires with just a 2.5" lift. Just dont know if that is all in my budget.
Where do you see that? 2.5" should be plenty for a 35". There's people running 35s with no lift.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
I just put Rubicon take offs on my Sport S and have no lift at this time but I actually kinda am fine with it. I did notice though after putting on the 33's my steering got a bit looser and the ride got a bit more loose so to speak. It was a bit of a change from the stock tires. That 2" Spacer Lift sounds interesting.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase