Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Am I mistaken? Is the vehicle driven by the drunk, speeding, wrong-way driver not a WJ?
I have heard for years that Jeep Grand Cherokee could take almost anything. I've seen it in real life. The Jeep I got my car's 4.0 from had been flipped - hit an embankment head-on and flipped end for end and landed on the roof. You'd never know it from inside the cabin area.
And then there's this - they said the guy was speeding on the highway. Even if he slowed he hit that patrol car at a pretty high speed to drive them both 140 feet down the road. And yet the driver wasn't really injured (being drunk helps, though, he never stiffened up)
Look at the cabin area of that WJ - pretty much intact. For the front end, eh, not so good.

There may be safer cars out there, but IMO, the Grand Cherokee is one vehicle you can survive some really nasty crashes in.

So if you plan on ramming a patrol SUV at high speeds, do it in a Jeep.
On the other hand, please don't - I really like the WJ and hate to see them destroyed.

Jeep Gladiator If you are going to be totally stupid, do it in a Jeep Adams-County-Sheriffs-Office-collision-3

Jeep Gladiator If you are going to be totally stupid, do it in a Jeep Adams-County-Sheriffs-Office-collision-2
Sponsored

OP
OP
ShadowsPapa

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Brutal. Look at the stress on that B-pillar. Impressive.
No kidding. The statement below and the fact that Jeep his the SUV broad-side makes it even more impressive - to hit the side of a large SUV and both of you go skidding another 140 feet, he must have been boogying along at a good clip

>>
The impact of the collision sent the two vehicles skidding over 140 feet and into the front of a stopped semi-truck.<<

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
I’m pretty sure the better answer is just don’t do stupid…