Sponsored

Ignorant dealer of the day award...

Halfdoor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 wrangler
Took my JLU into King’s CDJ in Cincinnati for free oil change and rotation. Service advisor says what can I do for you? I say wanted get oil change and tire rotation. He squints at my Jeep (10 feet away) and says that a JL? I say yeah. He says you buy it here? I say nope (their idea of a good deal is MSRP) and leave it at that. He says that a gas or a diesel? I say 3.6 gas they don’t make a diesel yet. He says yes they do we’ve sold a bunch of them! I said no you haven’t. This is the same dealership who last time I went there said Jeep specifies straight front to rear rotation on the Wrangler tires!
Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Took my JLU into King’s CDJ in Cincinnati for free oil change and rotation. Service advisor says what can I do for you? I say wanted get oil change and tire rotation. He squints at my Jeep (10 feet away) and says that a JL? I say yeah. He says you buy it here? I say nope (their idea of a good deal is MSRP) and leave it at that. He says that a gas or a diesel? I say 3.6 gas they don’t make a diesel yet. He says yes they do we’ve sold a bunch of them! I said no you haven’t. This is the same dealership who last time I went there said Jeep specifies straight front to rear rotation on the Wrangler tires!
Why would you let then touch your rig if you already know they're idiots?

81ster

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL unlimited Sport S
Occupation
Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Please tell us you left and did not allow them to work on your Diesel JL!!!!:CWL:

Sponsored

OP
OP

Halfdoor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 wrangler
Find a knowledgeable dealership that you trust.
Still looking for one. Have tried 5-6 around me. This one is only 10 minutes from my work but it is the worst! JLU’s first came out they got a JLU with MT in stock-my JK’s were both MT-took my brother there to test drive it. Gave Jeep sales guy the stock number he says it’s on back lot he’ll go get it. We wait and wait and wait. My brother says bet that guy don’t know it’s a stick and bet he can’t drive a stick- I say no way. Sure enough a bit later Jeep pulls up being driven by a grizzly old lot guy with salesman running after it! Says he can’t drive a stick had to find someone bring it up!! Imagine selling Jeeps unable to drive a stick.

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
Wow!!! I'm not saying my dealership's service department is the best in the world, but I've never had an experience with them anywhere near this ridiculous. Luckily they're pretty much the only Jeep dealer within several miles, and happens to be just a few blocks from my house.

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
I had a similarly painful experience last year. I was shopping for a '19 2-door Wrangler. The salesman tried to sell me a Sahara. He didn't know that Jeep no longer produces a 2-door Sahara model. He told me that he didn't have one on the lot but insisted that he could order one for me from the factory. I told him that he could not order one. The salesman refused to believe me. He hopped on his computer and had to admit that I was right. The JLs had been out for close to a year so there is no excuse for this.

Sponsored

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
How about this?
"It's impossible to upgrade your radio."
But thankfully I found info (@MORTON :like: helped me) and a YouTube video that shows yes you can order it from infotainment and it's really pretty easy to install. My dealer still tells me it's impossible:headbang:

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Spend the $40 and change it right yourself!
With Pennzoil $10 rebates it's $30 or less. Much cheaper than a free oil change that's f'd up (and the 45 min or more it takes to take it & wait)!

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Stretched 2 door Rubi (LOL)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
My salesman said 315s won’t fit on a 2019 Rubicon and he never called me when my Rubicon arrived. On a Monday, I checked Jeep Chat and they told me it arrived at the dealership last Thursday. I promptly called and his response was “Oh yeah, it’s here, but I’ve been busy’” Really??? Not that I waited a month. The good thing about the shop’s ignorance, they mounted the 315x70R17 without a word the 17x 7.5 inch stock wheels were out of spec. They overfilled the tires at 43 lbs and couldn’t get the spare on, so I told them to just throw it in the back and let me have my Jeep! I was trying to be polite and take delivery. No need to go over the vehicle. Just give me the keys. I already went through the delivery check list provided here while they were getting the paperwork ready. As I drove away never to return ever for maintenance, he muttered something about 10s on a survey. Lol.

FirecrackerRedJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU

Soooo let me get this straight, you went into this KNOWING this dealer already was going to throw you a load of bs and or make it a big deal :facepalm:
Sponsored