First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Am I the only one who likes the smaller rim bigger tire combo ?It seems all the nice looking rims are 20's and higher. Ugh!!! My hat brim is curved people.
I’m with you. I can’t stand the large diameter wheels...I guess I’m old too.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Yep. Better ride quality, lower price, more resistant to wheel image, better traction and a whole lot of other advantages. I'd put 15s on mine if they'd fit.

Dorbritz

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Jeep Wrangler, 65 VW Beetle, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Sting Gray.
Am I the only one who likes the smaller rim bigger tire combo ?It seems all the nice looking rims are 20's and higher. Ugh!!! My hat brim is curved people.
I like small wheel/ big tire for this vehicle but flat bill for me.

Sponsored

ColdSRT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon--2018 Jeep GC Trackhawk--99 Jeep Cherokee
It's funny that years ago, I thought 20s looked silly on anything. Over the years, more and more factory trucks and SUVs came with them as standard equipment.

Fast forward to now and I think most trucks look ok with them due to proportions. I wouldn't have less or more than a 20 on any of my SRT Jeeps or trackhawk. When it comes to offroad Jeeps, more tire, less wheel is still the way to go. 17s max for me.

WakesurfVT

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2014 Centurion Enzo SV233
Occupation
Director of Inside Sales
Professor: “Now class, you’ll see there’s a direct correlation with brim straightness and wheel size...the X-axis represents brims ranging from standard curved to straight-ass douche hat here, whereas the Y-axis represents wheel size increasing from normal to absurd. As the brim decreases in curve, the wheel size increases!”

@ColdSRT - as you’re aware, SRTs/Trackhawks come stock with 20’s...I doubt anyone’s suggesting to roll some 285/65/17s on them ;)

Last edited:

Sponsored

Ole Cowboy

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 F 450, 17 JK Rubicon RECON, 21 Glady
Occupation
ReTired
I can identify

IMG_0063.jpeg

Ole Cowboy

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 F 450, 17 JK Rubicon RECON, 21 Glady
Occupation
ReTired
It's funny that years ago, I thought 20s looked silly on anything. Over the years, more and more factory trucks and SUVs came with them as standard equipment.

Fast forward to now and I think most trucks look ok with them due to proportions. I wouldn't have less or more than a 20 on any of my SRT Jeeps or trackhawk. When it comes to offroad Jeeps, more tire, less wheel is still the way to go. 17s max for me.
These are 20's OEM w OEM tires

IMG_0039.jpeg

JT614

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Overland '14 JGC Summit '04 TJ Rubi
Vehicle Showcase
Curved hat brim here too :), but the only reason I'd prefer 17's over the 18's on my overland is due to tire selection. I'm finding I'm way more limited on larger size options. Therefore I'm looking to find some Rubi take-offs to get 17's and an instant agressive look.

Tire Guy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon JT, 2017 BMW X5
Occupation
Sales Director Alloy Wheel Repair
Definitely old school here. I'm just starting to like black wheels.
Flat bill hats are fugly… :)
Sponsored