Sponsored

IMPORTANT NOTE: Late 21 and 22 Gladiators have no tuning support!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
If you are thinking about a tune or forced induction, you need to check your ECM first. The one in the right of the picture, currently HAS NO TUNING SUPPORT.

The change is seen on late 21 models and not communicated or well documented. The dealer parts system does not even show this change has taken place..

Be nice if the mods made this a sticky😉

1643322856388.png
Sponsored

Josh00333

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Freedom
Build Thread
Link
Oh no :crying:

I wonder if you could replace the harness and go with the prior iteration?

SteveInOrlando

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Software Design
Oh no :crying:

I wonder if you could replace the harness and go with the prior iteration?
Ouch, that wouldn't be fun.

After removing and re-installing mine a few times, I get why they may have made the change. Those connectors are delicate and connecting and disconnecting them where they were located was tricky. I have had to repair both of my connectors. When I did my first removal one of them already was coming apart. The new design location looks easier to get to.

Any idea how long it will take HP Tuners to buy one and figure out where the chip they replace is located?

Sponsored

vmiaptetr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator, 20 Expy Max, 96 Viper GTS
Any idea how long it will take HP Tuners to buy one and figure out where the chip they replace is located?
No ETA. They haven’t gotten their hands on one yet. They have said it is a priority. I’m tempted to volunteer mine, and if they ‘brick’ it, they can just send me a new one when they finally get them in.

KulasJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Personalized treatment from both Dave and HP Tuners should yield a great result. Best of luck and keep us all posted!

vmiaptetr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I saw HP Tuners had an update to their Beta VCM Suite today, and got excited. It was not an update showing support to the GPEC5.

mert34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
man wish they would get this done, would be nice to get a supercharger or at minimum tune the 3.6

Sponsored

LOGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ Rubicon
This for all models including the diesel?

vmiaptetr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
man wish they would get this done, would be nice to get a supercharger or at minimum tune the 3.6
Preach! Every time I see an update on this thread, I'm hoping it is someone coming on to say that the new beta has GPEC5 support.

WK2JT

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTC
Vehicle Showcase
If you are thinking about a tune or forced induction, you need to check your ECM first. The one in the right of the picture, currently HAS NO TUNING SUPPORT.

The change is seen on late 21 models and not communicated or well documented. The dealer parts system does not even show this change has taken place..

Be nice if the mods made this a sticky😉

Jeep Gladiator IMPORTANT NOTE: Late 21 and 22 Gladiators have no tuning support! DEFAC98F-800A-4140-AADC-AB5071340335
Hey Dave,

Is this replacement ECM you can order the supported GPEC2A? I have a 2020 and I'm looking to pick up a spare ECM for tuning. Then all this ECM stuff blew up. I'm curious if the ECM I'm able to order (part # 68434927AB) is compatible with the OS running on my original '20 ECM for cloning. Thanks!

https://www.mymoparparts.com/oem-pa...meT0yMDIwJnQ9b3ZlcmxhbmQmZT0zLTZsLXY2LWdhcw==

OP
OP

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
It will need initialized by the dealer or HP Tuners

vmiaptetr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone have an inkling on when GPEC5 support might be available from HP Tuners? My supercharger is gathering dust, and I'm not one who hoards things. I might consider selling if there is no light at the end of the tunnel.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.