Sponsored

In a pickle! What do I do?? Need some advice...

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
They make a 2 door JT?!
I was thinking that too..

Oh the rattling edition that's the "New classified" ... Harley Davidson's edition in black n chrome coming soon. :LOL: with built in oil leaking pan, noisy timing chain and valve train.
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I was thinking that too..

Oh the rattling edition that's the "New classified" ... Harley Davidson's edition in black n chrome coming soon. :LOL: with built in oil leaking pan, noisy timing chain and valve train.
HAHAHA - I could tell where my neighbor parked his by the curb.
Yeah, those bikes were like big cats - they marked their territory.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
HAHAHA - I could tell where my neighbor parked his by the curb.
Yeah, those bikes were like big cats - they marked their territory.
I figure I'll be catching flak for that :giggle: but couldn't resist. Did he hollow out the tailpipe too?

Gladiator Girl

First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Florist
Vehicle Showcase
My Husband has a 2020 2500 Ram Cummins Diesel 4X4. It’s nice to me a great ride. Noisy engine. Stock, it definitely would look nicer with a lift, bigger tires and black rims vs the chrome package he has. But my Gladiator Overland steals the show. Everyone tells him they love my Gladiator. He teases it was suppose to be his. I detect a little jealousy. Lol. If you want a truck with some fun that you can take the top off and the doors. Get you a Gladiator. And no there is no rattle. Fun to drive. Hey get what you want. In the end your only regret is not getting what your heart desires.

Sparty

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR (Gecko) / 2021 JLR
In all seriousness - WTF is the rattling everyone is talking about? I've read a lot on this forum and haven't seen mention of it till now. Granted, I might have missed it, but this sounds like some fake news put out by competitors. ;)

Sponsored

Silvertruck

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Just wait and get a TRX. No compromise. (Kidding)

i have had four ram 1500’s including 2 limiteds. If you even think you need more room, the ram is the choice. Best interior in the industry or this side of an s550 for that matter.

if you want the adventure of a jeep, go for it. This is my fifth jeep and took the place of a 2017 ram limited. Well not exactly true, technically traded the truck on an alfa i eventually gave to my wife.

Life is too short and cars are too expensive to drive boring stuff. Get what makes you excited.

jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 2019 Cherokee KL 2020 Gladiator JT
Here's a different perspective, if you buy the wrong one and eventually trade it in for the other, will one hold it's value better than the other.

Etoimos

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventuresofetoimos.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR , 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
We have both a 2020 Gladiator Rubicon and a 2020 Laramie. The JT is mine and the wife drives the Laramie. If I'm not hitting the trails or going camping, I'd rather take the Laramie. As a family, we never take the JT unless it is for those two activities.

So, if you don't hit the dirt often my suggestion would be the Laramie. You are going to get more enjoyment out of the extra comfort on a daily basis then you will the occasional offroad run and a few waves from strangers.

Easyrider

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
I traded my '19 Ram Laramie for a '20 Gladiator a couple of months ago, and can't be happier. I will take the fun over the luxury any day!

Bassman3871

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I’m a newbie here. It’s time to trade in my 2012 Honda. Now, I have a deal in a place for a 2020 Ram 1500 Laramie crew cab and for a 2021 Gladiator Overland. Obviously the discounts on the Laramie are MUCH greater so the monthly payments are about the same. I’m torn on the fun of the Jeep - (top down, jeep wave, easier to maneuver, fun to modify, fun vehicle overall, but smaller cabin, more cramped) OR the tank that is the Laramie - (much more space, comfort, ride quality, etc.), but it doesn’t have the “it” factor of Jeeps. Is it true the Gladiator rattles like crazy from all areas? That might drive me a little nuts. It would make sense given you can take it apart pretty much, but that’s the price you pay I guess!

Anyway, anyone have any experience with both and can give me any advice? I’m literally split 50/50 on what to do. Any help would be fantastic. Thanks everyone!
I bought 2020 chev silverado, all the bells and whistles, I traded it in on my Gladiator. Soooo glad I did, I live this truck, mine dies not rattle or creek, if is awesome. Go for the Gladiator, you'll love it.

20200815_161024.jpg

Sponsored

snide

First Name
Big Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator
The RAM 1500 is a very nice truck. I had a '19 which I traded for my Gladiator. Should have bought the Gladiator instead of the RAM. Would have saved a boatload of cash. Oh well.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I figure I'll be catching flak for that :giggle: but couldn't resist. Did he hollow out the tailpipe too?
Well, it sounded really deep, the opposite of a fart can (can we say that here?)
LOVED the sound.

Bad Luck Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR Gator, 2017Jeep JK 2dr
Occupation
Ret. Army
I'm am 6'4" 315lb man and I love my Gladiator, I traded a 2019 Ram Limited.

Raylynn614

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Overland
I’m a newbie here. It’s time to trade in my 2012 Honda. Now, I have a deal in a place for a 2020 Ram 1500 Laramie crew cab and for a 2021 Gladiator Overland.

Hi. I’m a newbie too. Just purchased a used 2020 Overland and I LOVE it!!
Specifically I love rolling back the sun rider top and that it parks/turns like a car.

I can’t predict what you will or won’t like. There is more road noise than a truck, but I don’t mind that. The bed is smaller, but I’m not hauling everyday.

Seriously, I feel like I’m on vacation. Even when I’m just scooping the boys up from football practice. I can see myself driving this thing until the wheels fall off. And that says something from a true commitmentphobe.

Best of luck with your decision...hopefully I’ll be waving to you in the future!

DBravo

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland, 2021 Jeep JL Sahara
I’m a newbie here. It’s time to trade in my 2012 Honda. Now, I have a deal in a place for a 2020 Ram 1500 Laramie crew cab and for a 2021 Gladiator Overland. Obviously the discounts on the Laramie are MUCH greater so the monthly payments are about the same. I’m torn on the fun of the Jeep - (top down, jeep wave, easier to maneuver, fun to modify, fun vehicle overall, but smaller cabin, more cramped) OR the tank that is the Laramie - (much more space, comfort, ride quality, etc.), but it doesn’t have the “it” factor of Jeeps. Is it true the Gladiator rattles like crazy from all areas? That might drive me a little nuts. It would make sense given you can take it apart pretty much, but that’s the price you pay I guess!

Anyway, anyone have any experience with both and can give me any advice? I’m literally split 50/50 on what to do. Any help would be fantastic. Thanks everyone!
I have no road noise (2020 Overland, Freedom Top, factory Mopar hard folding tonneau cover) and drive 40 highway miles 5 days/wk. At 5600 miles I’m averaging 23.2 mpg @ 70 mph avg hwy. No legroom concerns at all - I have 2 kids over 6’ tall (6’2” and 6’4”). My wife and I are both 6’ tall and both sat in the back seat to test during test drive.
Sponsored