Sponsored

Incase any one is wondering about ordering 2021's...

Labswine

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2019 GC Ltd
Occupation
Retired
The order window is still open so, if you're thinking about it, do it before prices go up for 2022.

Today, I just ordered a 2021 Overland in Snazzberry with the cold weather package, 3 piece hard top, preferred equipment group (upgrades speakers, 8.4" w/ Nav, Dark brownLeather, etc.) remote locks/start, trailer package, bed liner, tonneau cover, off road tires, Selec-trac transfer case (2H 4FT 4PT N 2L), and anti-spin rear (basically my 2020 except for the leather and better x-fer case and color...my 2020 (obtained in July of 2019, is the Firecracker Red).

Around 6 week delivery time. Psyched!!! A little over $52K (before tax/tags/title) which is only $2K more than I paid for my current one, with more schtuffola :)

I actually went in to get pay off for my lease but my wife (the wonderful woman that she is...) talked me into ordering a new one.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Labswine

Labswine

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Well, got a call from my dealer yesterday and the 2021 ordering window is closed.

They are taking orders for the 2022 line now but, prices went up.

Due to that, I've changed my mind about ordering a new one and will stick to my 2020 (built June/July 2019). Besides, after doing more math what with buying out my lease and the difference in price between trade in and new one, I felt that that money would be better spent on home improvements. Besides, I have a perfectly good vehicle so...

Ball_Ze

First Name
Scot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR, 17 AR4C, 19 CT6-V
Occupation
engineer
Well, got a call from my dealer yesterday and the 2021 ordering window is closed.

They are taking orders for the 2022 line now but, prices went up.

Due to that, I've changed my mind about ordering a new one and will stick to my 2020 (built June/July 2019). Besides, after doing more math what with buying out my lease and the difference in price between trade in and new one, I felt that that money would be better spent on home improvements. Besides, I have a perfectly good vehicle so...
I missed the MY21 cutoff as well, but the price actually went down $40 for the MY22 Rubicon with all of the same options I wanted.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I felt that that money would be better spent on home improvements. Besides, I have a perfectly good vehicle so...
Investing in an appreciating asset vs a depreciating asset. Always a good thing.

And it can be just as much fun. Kitchen and Bathroom upgrades, and home theater can make your day better.

My wife and I renovated the master bath in our old house. I did all the work myself so a lot of the high end stuff didn't actually cost so much. Shower with multiple heads, towel warmer on a timer so we got hot towels, heated floor. All great stuff.

OP
OP
Labswine

Labswine

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Investing in an appreciating asset vs a depreciating asset. Always a good thing.

And it can be just as much fun. Kitchen and Bathroom upgrades, and home theater can make your day better.

My wife and I renovated the master bath in our old house. I did all the work myself so a lot of the high end stuff didn't actually cost so much. Shower with multiple heads, towel warmer on a timer so we got hot towels, heated floor. All great stuff.
Yeah, I am now living in the house I grew up in (inherited it when my Dad passed last year) and the bathrooms are not what they should be. The house was built in 1969. The master bath, you need to go outside just to change your mind!!! The hall full bath has plenty of room so it can be totally resquidged and still have plenty of room giving the space for a larger master bathroom which is on the other side of the wall.

In addition, I have 1,500 sq.ft. of hardwood flooring (oak) that needs to be put down. I did some of it like the foyer, main hallway, a sitting room off the master, and the master bedroom (before Dad passed to get rid of the awful carpet that was there) but, too much like work. I'll get bids to do at least the four big rooms which are the family room, the parlor, a large sunroom, and the kitchen (the other three bedrooms I can do) so that'll make it easier on my aching ball bearings.

Yeah, better to spend the money on an appreciating investment than one that depreciates in the first ten feet off the stealership's lot.

Sponsored

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I am now living in the house I grew up in (inherited it when my Dad passed last year) and the bathrooms are not what they should be. The house was built in 1969. The master bath, you need to go outside just to change your mind!!! The hall full bath has plenty of room so it can be totally resquidged and still have plenty of room giving the space for a larger master bathroom which is on the other side of the wall.

In addition, I have 1,500 sq.ft. of hardwood flooring (oak) that needs to be put down. I did some of it like the foyer, main hallway, a sitting room off the master, and the master bedroom (before Dad passed to get rid of the awful carpet that was there) but, too much like work. I'll get bids to do at least the four big rooms which are the family room, the parlor, a large sunroom, and the kitchen (the other three bedrooms I can do) so that'll make it easier on my aching ball bearings.

Yeah, better to spend the money on an appreciating investment than one that depreciates in the first ten feet off the stealership's lot.
Smart man.

If you are feeling like you want something new, get some new wheels for your current gladiator or have it detailed.

In the past, whenever I got an urge for a new car, I'd spend $250 and have it detailed. When I got it back it was like a brand new car. Ha.

OP
OP
Labswine

Labswine

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Smart man.

If you are feeling like you want something new, get some new wheels for your current gladiator or have it detailed.

In the past, whenever I got an urge for a new car, I'd spend $250 and have it detailed. When I got it back it was like a brand new car. Ha.
Yeah, looking at new tires. Looking at the Cooper ATs in 275/18/70 vs. the factory Bridgestones at 255/18/70. Want a wider tire with a more aggressive tread but also the extra width will add stability when towing my travel trailer.

Oak

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
Occupation
realtor
The order window is still open so, if you're thinking about it, do it before prices go up for 2022.

Today, I just ordered a 2021 Overland in Snazzberry with the cold weather package, 3 piece hard top, preferred equipment group (upgrades speakers, 8.4" w/ Nav, Dark brownLeather, etc.) remote locks/start, trailer package, bed liner, tonneau cover, off road tires, Selec-trac transfer case (2H 4FT 4PT N 2L), and anti-spin rear (basically my 2020 except for the leather and better x-fer case and color...my 2020 (obtained in July of 2019, is the Firecracker Red).

Around 6 week delivery time. Psyched!!! A little over $52K (before tax/tags/title) which is only $2K more than I paid for my current one, with more schtuffola :)

I actually went in to get pay off for my lease but my wife (the wonderful woman that she is...) talked me into ordering a new one.
Whats different about the trasfer case on an overland?

OP
OP
Labswine

Labswine

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Whats different about the trasfer case on an overland?
The standard transfer case is the 2H 4H N 4L. The optional transfer case (all models) that was introduced on the '21 and later models is the Selec-trac transfer case which is 2H 4FT 4PT N 4L. In my opinion, the best transfer case out there because the 4PT gives you 'all wheel drive' in that it's a viscous coupling that automatically transfers power front to rear as needed as opposed to the 4FT which locks down the front and rear as one.
Sponsored

Reactions: Oak