Indiana Redbird SRA Jeep BOH Trails

FloridaJT6MT

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Willys
For my fellow Hoosiers and midwesterners, I moved to Florida 5 years ago, but I’m originally from Indy. I’m heading back in a week to visit family and I’m thinking of driving my Gladiator and hitting Redbird and some of the trails there. I have a stock Willys. I’ve watched a lot of videos online and it looks like on the X trails you are going to get stuck, but it also looks like there are some decent beginner/intermediate trails that have bypasses to avoid the mud. I don’t have a winch and would want to avoid getting stuck in the mud. For those familiar with the trails, is this possible to do and still have a good time, or should I just forget it? Here’s my Willys in the sandy swamps of southwest Florida.
Jeep Gladiator Indiana Redbird SRA Jeep BOH Trails 5DAA9425-4F74-47B8-9B68-82C5BBA4C33F
Sponsored

NateKY

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Sarge Green
Occupation
Department of the Army Civilian
I’m following this. I live a few hours away in central Kentucky, but would love to drive up there. Too far for just a day so I would have to make a weekend of it.

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
Excellent Idea! Get out there and give it a shot. I look fwd to the update and pics.

MyMojaveJT

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Challenger SRT 392
Hey if anyone is interested I plan on being at Redbird this Saturday July 24th around 11am for a few hours.

My Mojave is stock and I plan on just staying on the simpler stuff and getting used to this Jeep.

Happy to meet up with anyone who wants to show up. :)

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
Hey if anyone is interested I plan on being at Redbird this Saturday July 24th around 11am for a few hours.

My Mojave is stock and I plan on just staying on the simpler stuff and getting used to this Jeep.

Happy to meet up with anyone who wants to show up. :)
So how was it? Im from Louisville, KY and Redbird is just over 2 hours for me. I plan to make it day one day soon. Just get up early enough to get there at a good time.

Are the trails do able in a stock JT Overland? I've seen some videos online and some of those look pretty intense. Def not trying to get stuck but would love to get out there on some basic stuff

MyMojaveJT

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Challenger SRT 392
So how was it? Im from Louisville, KY and Redbird is just over 2 hours for me. I plan to make it day one day soon. Just get up early enough to get there at a good time.

Are the trails do able in a stock JT Overland? I've seen some videos online and some of those look pretty intense. Def not trying to get stuck but would love to get out there on some basic stuff
So I am not sure what the specs are for the Overland but this stock Mojave had no problems getting around trails 0,3 and 5 and driving around the power line area.

There were 2 to 3 hills where the long wheelbase caused some dragging but it was dirt and loose rock.

It was pretty dry for our trip so there wasn't any slipping and sliding on the trails which is good because the trees are close. Real close. Couple 3 point turns here and there.
Sponsored

Last edited: