Sponsored

Info center not working, Start Stop not working, Could it be the Aux. battery?

Gladiator Brad 704

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
2020 JT Rubicon, Auto 25K miles. The info center in the center of the dash is dark. Noticed the Auto Start Stop has also stopped working. Could the auxiliary battery be dead? Starts and runs fine.
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
2020 JT Rubicon, Auto 25K miles. The info center in the center of the dash is dark. Noticed the Auto Start Stop has also stopped working. Could the auxiliary battery be dead? Starts and runs fine.
Could actually be either. Check the voltage at the battery terminals.
My wife had a 2018 Grand Cherokee where the radio died AND the batteries died. Two totally different issues but they happened at similar timing. They replaced the batteries - both of them - under warranty and had to order the radio.
I'd honestly, though, look to your aux battery first "just because" how things are lining up for you.

But check the voltage. These can start off a motorcycle battery, really low voltage, but not have enough to make the PCM happy and enable ESS.
Someone actually messed up and his started off the aux battery only! They start EASY, but the electronics require different voltage than the starter may function with.

If you have a volt meter - take the negative cables off the top of the IBS which is clamped on the negative batter terminal of the main battery.
Now separate those two black cables. One of those goes to the aux battery. Connect volt meter to positive of the main battery and to one of the black cables you removed -
connect volt meter to the two main battery terminals and see what voltage is there.

If either battery is bad, get 'er replaced soon as it's possible, not likely, but possible, for one to short and take out the other battery.
I prefer replacing both at the same time.
Since you have a 2020 - your batteries are likely going south by now anyway.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Gladiator Brad 704

Gladiator Brad 704

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
My dealer has been waiting since October 18, 2022 for the information center part. I have contacted Jeep Cares and they seem to be of no help. I am very disappointed. Thanks for your info.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
My dealer has been waiting since October 18, 2022 for the information center part. I have contacted Jeep Cares and they seem to be of no help. I am very disappointed. Thanks for your info.
The problem at least in 2020 was that they replace them with "remanufactured" units and parts and units were in short supply. Likely even worse not - electronic "stuff" is harder than ever to find.

OP
OP
Gladiator Brad 704

Gladiator Brad 704

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
They have installed thousands of these on the assembly lines since October 18. I need 1. The worst part is they keep promising delivery dates. 6 different delivery dates have come and gone and no one can tell me anything about where my part is.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I have a feeling they don't install BRAND NEW ones as warranty replacements. I was told they use remanufactured units, not new, for such items.

OP
OP
Gladiator Brad 704

Gladiator Brad 704

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Then I have been lied to. But assuming this is true where is a remanufactured part to fix my Jeep. What will it take to get this problem fixed on my Jeep.

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it
So this Sunday my truck failed to start due to a dead battery. I hadn’t used it in a few days due to a bad back. I jumped it with my daughters car and had the battery tested at an Autozome. The battery readout said the it was bad. I also noticed during this time man’t of my Apps such as Off Road Pages weren’t showing up in the menu.

I bought a new battery and now the Start/Stop isn’t working and half the apps are still not showing up. I‘m taking it to the dealer tomorrow.

Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
So this Sunday my truck failed to start due to a dead battery. I hadn’t used it in a few days due to a bad back. I jumped it with my daughters car and had the battery tested at an Autozome. The battery readout said the it was bad. I also noticed during this time man’t of my Apps such as Off Road Pages weren’t showing up in the menu.

I bought a new battery and now the Start/Stop isn’t working and half the apps are still not showing up. I‘m taking it to the dealer tomorrow.
When the head unit is reset (loses all power) it can take up to 24 hours for normal operation to return.

I would advise replacing both batteries.

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
They have installed thousands of these on the assembly lines since October 18. I need 1. The worst part is they keep promising delivery dates. 6 different delivery dates have come and gone and no one can tell me anything about where my part is.
This is blood boiling but true. They don't give a shit about warranty repairs. Wait 6 months....they couldn't care less. They only care about new vehicle sales. Jeep is well known for ATROCIOUS after sale support.

JTR178

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Occupation
5-0
When the head unit is reset (loses all power) it can take up to 24 hours for normal operation to return.

I would advise replacing both batteries.
This made me poop my pants a little last week when I got done installing a compressor under the passenger seat and the passenger heated seat disappeared from the controls menu when I hooked the battery back up. It fixed itself after a few power cycles, still waiting for Off Road Pages to come back.

Lost1wing

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired AMT
Yes, many icons/apps disappear, but come back in a day or so. You would be lucky to get a remanufactured radio. I got a used one that was still registered to the previous owner. That took a whole day to straighten out and it took another day for xm, navigation off road pages among other things to appear on the screen.

My info center nor my radio ever gave my problems on my 66 Impala.

OP
OP
Gladiator Brad 704

Gladiator Brad 704

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I am talking about the INFORMATION CENTER in the center of the drivers dash. Between the tach. and speedometer. You know fuel gauge, temp gauge, tire pressure, and all that other stuff. My radio works fine.
Sponsored