Matts4313

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Max Tow
Hello all,

I currently own a JL3001 that I have mostly loved. Unfortunately the SD card reader has an issue and needed a warranty repair. IA is no longer making the JL3001 and have upgraded me to the JL4001.

Attached you will find the promotional material they sent me. I will give an in depth comparison when I receive the new unit, but I thought we could start the discussions on it.

Have any of you seen one yet? I believe they started shipping a few weeks ago.

Jeep Gladiator Insane Audio JL4001 IA-4K Series specifications

https://docs.google.com/viewerng/vi.../uploads/2022/09/JL4001_Manual_compressed.pdf
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited:

amoyer_01

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Willys
It looks light years ahead of the old unit. I am very happy they changed their branding on it. I wish they would have added wireless Carplay/Android Auto, made it a 10" display and added a port for a Sat radio tuner.

Nice that they upgraded you to their new version; instead of having you send the old one back and then just fix it.

OP
OP
Matts4313

Matts4313

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Max Tow
It looks light years ahead of the old unit. I am very happy they changed their branding on it. I wish they would have added wireless Carplay/Android Auto, made it a 10" display and added a port for a Sat radio tuner.

Nice that they upgraded you to their new version; instead of having you send the old one back and then just fix it.
You lost me at wired CarPlay.

Kevin

The previous version has wireless Android Auto - so I will be interested to see if they removed that. I think its maybe just not listed.

It also has a SAT tuner IIRC (I dont use SAT, but I remember installing it) but you have to use an app to use it? I think?

They need more promotional material out there for sure though.

AmosMoses

First Name
Amos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator sport
Occupation
Manufacturing
Looks pretty nice especially since it doesn't have that "insane audio" in 80's looking font. I would love to upgrade my 7" screen to something that could I add a front camera to. Looking forward to a review.

Sponsored

dinosaurkun

First Name
dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTM-ordered
i agree that it definitely looks nicer than the previous version.
i have one sitting on my desk at home...just waiting on an ordered JT to come in so i can install it.
IIRC, the unit does not have a satellite radio tuner built into it.
and it certainly doesn't have any ports on the back to attach one to.
i think you just access music with your XM account via the SXM app.
in that case, i don't see how it would be better than just streaming stuff from your phone.

OP
OP
Matts4313

Matts4313

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Max Tow

You have the JL4001? Any chance you can open it and take pictures? Its been a year or so since I installed the JL3001 but there was definitely multiple ports/connections on the back. I want to say there were ~3-4 you had screw in similar to a coax and then there was a major wiring harness that had another junction-box-type-thing with another set of connections.

That said - when I mentioned earlier that I thought it had a satellite connector I had to wire, I am now thinking that was the GPS. D'oh

dinosaurkun

First Name
dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTM-ordered
You have the JL4001? Any chance you can open it and take pictures? Its been a year or so since I installed the JL3001 but there was definitely multiple ports/connections on the back. I want to say there were ~3-4 you had screw in similar to a coax and then there was a major wiring harness that had another junction-box-type-thing with another set of connections.

That said - when I mentioned earlier that I thought it had a satellite connector I had to wire, I am now thinking that was the GPS. D'oh
i can when i get back home...just let me know if there's a specific view of the item(s) you need.
the manual IA posted online shows a good number of views.
there's also a diagram of the connections for each harness.
in addition, like the previous version, all of the cables are labeled - some labels are more self-explanatory than others.

https://insaneaudio.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/JL4001_Manual_compressed.pdf

OP
OP
Matts4313

Matts4313

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Max Tow
i can when i get back home...just let me know if there's a specific view of the item(s) you need.
the manual IA posted online shows a good number of views.
there's also a diagram of the connections for each harness.
in addition, like the previous version, all of the cables are labeled - some labels are more self-explanatory than others.

https://insaneaudio.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/JL4001_Manual_compressed.pdf
I didnt even think to look for the uploaded manual. Good call. Thanks!

Angry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator California
$1600 for this and it can't use my XM wire but requires a Carplay wire?

Nope.

Sponsored

AU72

First Name
Lamar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Mojave, 16 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Occupation
Small business owner
$1600 for this and it can't use my XM wire but requires a Carplay wire?

Nope.
IA sent me a JL4001 as a replacement for the 3001. Never installed it because there was still no way to connect the factory front TrailCam. Had the same problem with the 3001. Had to return both units. It's a shame because the JL4001 looks like it has quite a few solid improvements. IA finally admitted that they were unaware of Jeep's single wire coax feed to the dash...a bit surprising since it has been out for 3-4 years. If you don't have the factory front camera, I highly recommend the unit.

Chocolyle

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTR Sarge Green MT
Occupation
Technical Sales / Security
Im curious too. Wireless CarPlay would be good but there are enough aftermarket units out there. Plus I normally plug in to keep my phone charged, not a deal breaker to me.

amoyer_01

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Willys
i agree that it definitely looks nicer than the previous version.
i have one sitting on my desk at home...just waiting on an ordered JT to come in so i can install it.
i think you just access music with your XM account via the SXM app.
in that case, i don't see how it would be better than just streaming stuff from your phone.
I have an old lifetime subscription on a tuner. I bought a previous car with it installed, i went to have it switched to my name and they wouldn't do it. So for me to use SAT radio without paying monthly I need to be able to add a tuner. This and the wired Carplay are deal breakers; I do have a wireless Carplay box but if I am paying for a new radio it should come with it.

AR_FlyFisher

First Name
Chandler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JEEP GLADIATOR SPORT
Occupation
Healthcare
Looks pretty nice especially since it doesn't have that "insane audio" in 80's looking font. I would love to upgrade my 7" screen to something that could I add a front camera to. Looking forward to a review.
I would love to have the 7" screen. I dont like my basic 5" unit. wish i could get one from the dealership

Deadpool392

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator JTR, 2010 Rescue Green JKU
Hello all,

I currently own a JL3001 that I have mostly loved. Unfortunately the SD card reader has an issue and needed a warranty repair. IA is no longer making the JL3001 and have upgraded me to the JL4001.

Attached you will find the promotional material they sent me. I will give an in depth comparison when I receive the new unit, but I thought we could start the discussions on it.

Have any of you seen one yet? I believe they started shipping a few weeks ago.

Jeep Gladiator Insane Audio JL4001 IA-4K Series specifications
Did you receive your JL4001 already? I am also waiting on one as a warranty replacement for my JL3001, but I have not received any other info about it being shipped yet.
Sponsored