Insert_Clever_Name_Here EVO 4.5/38's (for now) Stage 3 completed

Desert Outlaw

First Name
Desert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tomb Raider Rubicon, 2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Haha..... no I definitely saw them on these. However I don't recall seeing them on other brands. I looked it up and learned something.
I have never seen nor heard of this sort of thing either. My tire technician has obviously not either.lol
Sponsored

Desert Outlaw

First Name
Desert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh Damn..... have you had balancing issues?
Some of my tires have balanced better than others. The worse tires of the bunch were balanced farthest away from the yellow dot. I am taking my Jeep back to the shop that road force balanced my tires for them to give it a second attempt.

OP
OP
Insert_Clever_Name_Here

Insert_Clever_Name_Here

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2016 Jeep JKU, 2020 JT Rubicon
Some of my tires have balanced better than others. The worse tires of the bunch were balanced farthest away from the yellow dot. I am taking my Jeep back to the shop that road force balanced my tires for them to give it a second attempt.
I appreciate you saving me the headache!

OP
OP
Insert_Clever_Name_Here

Insert_Clever_Name_Here

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just ordered a Synergy Front track Bar brace (killer deal from Bad Attitude Offroad) and finally jumped on a set of sliders from Shrockworks. I may pair it with some poison spyder side armor down the road. I also decided I want to upgrade the front end when I install my lift (tie rod/drag link/steering stabilizer). Unfortunately everyone seems to be out of the synergy kit for the next month. So I have to decide what I'm doing there. At this point I'm listing this as the sloooww build......

Pics of the Shrockworks in case you haven't seen them (from their fb page):

FB_IMG_1582677126790.jpg

FB_IMG_1582677112621.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Desert Outlaw

First Name
Desert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just ordered a Synergy Front track Bar brace (killer deal from Bad Attitude Offroad) and finally jumped on a set of sliders from Shrockworks. I may pair it with some poison spyder side armor down the road. I also decided I want to upgrade the front end when I install my lift (tie rod/drag link/steering stabilizer). Unfortunately everyone seems to be out of the synergy kit for the next month. So I have to decide what I'm doing there. At this point I'm listing this as the sloooww build......

Pics of the Shrockworks in case you haven't seen them (from their fb page):

FB_IMG_1582677126790.jpg

FB_IMG_1582677112621.jpg
How is your step down? I have to jump 1'-2' and the pressure on my feet and ankles is not the best.

OP
OP
Insert_Clever_Name_Here

Insert_Clever_Name_Here

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How is your step down? I have to jump 1'-2' and the pressure on my feet and ankles is not the best.
I haven't installed anything yet (that pic is from their page). I wanted to figure out what I was doing with my steering and just do it all at once. Funny, as I was just on your build thread looking at your Steer Smarts parts and making sure I am ordering all the correct stuff for mine. I just sent a list out to a vendor for quotes but will be ordering them this week.

Desert Outlaw

First Name
Desert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I haven't installed anything yet (that pic is from their page). I wanted to figure out what I was doing with my steering and just do it all at once. Funny, as I was just on your build thread looking at your Steer Smarts parts and making sure I am ordering all the correct stuff for mine. I just sent a list out to a vendor for quotes but will be ordering them this week.
Be sure to indicate RUBICON if your steering parts are for a Rubicon. Making mistakes are expensive as I have found out.

Desert Outlaw

First Name
Desert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you get the wrong tie rod?
I don't understand how it happened, but my tie rod and drag link both came in for the bottom mount and not the top mount and the Overland and not the Rubicon. I am selling the toe rod because I opened the box and tried replacing it in place of the original. Return freight on the bottom mount drag link was $72. I had ordered the top mount drag link relocation kit and nobody caught this obvious error. I plan to order the top mount drag link and the Rubicon tie rod eventually.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Insert_Clever_Name_Here

Insert_Clever_Name_Here

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't understand how it happened, but my tie rod and drag link both came in for the bottom mount and not the top mount and the Overland and not the Rubicon. I am selling the toe rod because I opened the box and tried replacing it in place of the original. Return freight on the bottom mount drag link was $72. I had ordered the top mount drag link relocation kit and nobody caught this obvious error. I plan to order the top mount drag link and the Rubicon tie rod eventually.
I will definitely check when they get in!
I just ordered :

Steer Smarts JT Steering Stabilizer Part number: 73012001

Steer Smarts Yeti XD Steering Stabilizer Bracket Part number: 41035001

Steer Smarts Yeti XD Track Bar Bracket Part number: 79022001

Steer Smart Yeti XD Top Mount Drag Link No-Drill Top Mount: 78078001

Steer Smarts Yeti XD JT Rubicon Tie Rod Rubicon Part number: 78088001

Once again Jason @ Bad Attitude Offroad hooked me up with some decent pricing.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Insert_Clever_Name_Here

Insert_Clever_Name_Here

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I picked it up today. I'm VERY impressed with the ride on this jeep. It is unbelievably streetable. It feels really planted for all this height and the Kings just soak up any flaws in the road. I'm still getting use to the height. It's a tall biatch.
(Making my Bro's ZR2 look tiny)

FB_IMG_1586996452271.jpg

FB_IMG_1586991731977.jpg

Desert Outlaw

First Name
Desert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What sliders do you have on your truck? It looks ready for the trail!

OP
OP
Insert_Clever_Name_Here

Insert_Clever_Name_Here

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What sliders do you have on your truck? It looks ready for the trail!
Shrockworks. They are really nice. Each one has to weigh over 80 lbs+. They actually come a hair short from each wheel well, so I know some people will complain. I know they build them like that so people running big tires don't make contact flexed out. They are not much of a step, but I like them like that.
Sponsored