OP
OP
Insert_Clever_Name_Here

Insert_Clever_Name_Here

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2016 Jeep JKU, 2020 JT Rubicon
Update: I figured out mounting hardware to mount my Diode Dynamic SS3 Pro Fogs to the Artec Bumper. If you read reviews the bumper is truly a work of art but they leave instructions and fog mounting hardware up to the buyer. They don't leave you any room to mount hardware from the front so I'm going to use some self tapping screws as I've seen that done with similar bumpers.

After months of looking at bed racks I finally decided to go with the Road Armor Treck system. I've seen multiple positive reviews including from owners who had other racks previously. Plus I love the ability to have it 3/4 height with my spare mounted in the back. I will probably mount a rear camera system down the road to regain some rear visibility. I may possibly add a Decked rear bed organizer if I can fit it with my spare mounted.
FYI Road Armor is offering a 50% off sale for a few more days on their website. I sprung for the whole Overland Package SKU: 520BRS52B-OVLD. The 50% off is a killer deal even with the $150 shipping charge added on.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Insert_Clever_Name_Here

Insert_Clever_Name_Here

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Despite a lack a instructions from Artec after reaching out I was determined to install the Diode Dynamics ss3 pro fogs correctly. After some trial and error and a few trips to Home Depot I was able to install them. The Artec bumper accepts fog lights meant to fit a JKU or JL/JT with a plastic bumper and LEDs. You will need four 1/4-20 stainless screws, washers, and lock nuts and four #8-32 of the same. Screws go in from the front and nuts on the backside. I've seen multiple people mention they couldn't get all 4 screws in. The only way I was able to was with a pair of offset screwdrivers I ordered off Amazon. Don't even attempt this install with out them. I wish Artec would have just handed that info out as it would have saved me a ton of time. Bumper quality itself is insane and I can't wait to get it on with a Warn Evo 10 S next week.
The Bed Rack also got here last week and I think I will begin installing that in my living room next week. My girlfriend is in for a surprise.

Jeep Gladiator Insert_Clever_Name_Here EVO 4.5/38's (for now)  Stage 3 completed 20201127_151503

Jeep Gladiator Insert_Clever_Name_Here EVO 4.5/38's (for now)  Stage 3 completed 20201127_160127

Last edited:

ssteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
camaro, audi Q, cj2a, ram
Love the setup. Have you had it offroad at all? Wondering how the suspension feels on dirt roads etc?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Insert_Clever_Name_Here

Insert_Clever_Name_Here

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Love the setup. Have you had it offroad at all? Wondering how the suspension feels on dirt roads etc?
Unfortunately with Covid going I'm swamped at work and haven't had to much time since starting the mods. My girlfriend (who is also a jeeper) made fun of me a few weeks ago because I haven't had any trips this year despite all of my modding. I've had it on mild trails near my cabin but nothing challenging yet. I had a trip planned post Thanksgiving but it was canceled due to an emergency at work. I can tell you this suspension with the Kings soaks up a lot on dirt roads. I've been very impressed with how refined it is.

Dan_Ballard_Offroad

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.danballardphotography.com
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Putdoor Photographer

KX L

First Name
KX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CVO Street Glide; 2022 JT Mojave with 6MT
Occupation
Retired
Great looking rig...I am doing some similar things....wish I had known about the yellow/red dot thing BEFORE I mounted my Patagonia 38s on my beadlocks...in my garage...in the heat...just going to need to put more weight on them I guess. I even scrubbed off the dots because I am OCD...DOH! That's what I get for being out of the Jeep world for 8 years!

Looking forward to more pics...
Hey brother, the yellow dot aligning with the air insert has nothing to do with off road tires or your vehicle being a Jeep. All tires mounted to rims are supposed to be put on this way.