Installed Bakflip MX4 today

sypeck

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK Jeep GC
Received The Bakflip MX4 today looks like they are still having a few quality issues. Although they are minor I expect a 1200 premium cover to be perfect. A few scratches on rails (im OCD and I can live with them although I rather not) The new finished end caps that are to cover the back of the rail were missing (called) and they will send a set out but I was still able to install it. The hardware could be better. Not sure why they do not wrap the rails in foam to protect them. Cover has a nice look but feels cheap it basically is styrofoam covered with a very thin piece of aluminum with a black power coated texture. If I would of seen this cover in person I would not have purchased but is is what it is. Oh and it will leak for sure no doubt about it it is just the way that it is made nothing can fix that poor design and manufacturing

Jeep Gladiator Installed Bakflip MX4 today image0

Jeep Gladiator Installed Bakflip MX4 today IMG_1854

Jeep Gladiator Installed Bakflip MX4 today IMG_1855

Jeep Gladiator Installed Bakflip MX4 today IMG_1856
Sponsored

texanjeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport-S Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
I.T.
Ouch, those scratches are not good but you should be able to blend them in with a sharpie or maybe some black model paint. I sure wouldn't expect that either, if I paid that kind of money. My Rough Country was in good shape when I got it, it was packed really well too and that probably helped.

It looks good though, it's low profile and if you can fix the cosmetics, you should enjoy it.

OP
OP

sypeck

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK Jeep GC
Ouch, those scratches are not good but you should be able to blend them in with a sharpie or maybe some black model paint. I sure wouldn't expect that either, if I paid that kind of money. My Rough Country was in good shape when I got it, it was packed really well too and that probably helped.

It looks good though, it's low profile and if you can fix the cosmetics, you should enjoy it.
I just emailed them I want new rails I should not have to fix them ...lets see what they say!

Indy1982

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I ordered the MX4 for my Gladiator. The rails came in and were scratched like your pictures as well. I called and did a return and ordered another one to be sent. I came in the rails scratched also. Both sets appeared to have been touched up and not that good of a job. The customer service is great and very eager to help. Waiting on Service to contact me about sending new rails so I don't. have to send complete box back this time.

tempImagepUjGCO.png

tempImagexn22rD.png

tempImageATyEXt.png

tempImageuYJUFA.png

OP
OP

sypeck

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK Jeep GC
I ordered the MX4 for my Gladiator. The rails came in and were scratched like your pictures as well. I called and did a return and ordered another one to be sent. I came in the rails scratched also. Both sets appeared to have been touched up and not that good of a job. The customer service is great and very eager to help. Waiting on Service to contact me about sending new rails so I don't. have to send complete box back this time.

Jeep Gladiator Installed Bakflip MX4 today tempImageuYJUFA

Customer service is awesome product is absolute garbage I will never order from them again. I have the MX4 still installed but will replace as soon as I find a better alternative. They have this really awesome roll bar rolling cover combo I’ve been eyeing up but it has a very steep price tag think it’s 4K installed may also go with a shell ps It took three sets of rails and two full covers to make one cover from them

Sponsored

SC Doberman

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Hmmmmm that’s one of the 2 covers on my short list. Got me thinking now……

XJamesX

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 JT Mojave, ‘20 Jeep JL
Sucks to hear a handful of people having quality issues with this tonneau cover, as I received mine in perfect condition, installed it in an hour and it’s worked perfectly since then. I‘m quite happy with this one on my Gladiator and when I had this same one on my old Sierra.

ScooterInTX

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Did they ever take care of the caps? I had exactly the same issue and they sent me an "upgrade kit" that had caps that looked like they were for another model

OP
OP

sypeck

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK Jeep GC
Did they ever take care of the caps? I had exactly the same issue and they sent me an "upgrade kit" that had caps that looked like they were for another model
They sent me the wrong ones as well I gave up!

Sponsored

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
I can't believe at the price we pay for these things that quality and quality control is so terrible. I went through two Truxedo Sentry CTs and two Undercover Flex Ultras before I finally got an Undercover today wasn't damaged or had wrong parts shipped with it. Took five times. And now the outside rail seals are starting to peel away on this one.

Funny I see less complaints about the budget tonneau covers than I do the premium ones.

Docharrison

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave JT
Occupation
RN
Received The Bakflip MX4 today looks like they are still having a few quality issues. Although they are minor I expect a 1200 premium cover to be perfect. A few scratches on rails (im OCD and I can live with them although I rather not) The new finished end caps that are to cover the back of the rail were missing (called) and they will send a set out but I was still able to install it. The hardware could be better. Not sure why they do not wrap the rails in foam to protect them. Cover has a nice look but feels cheap it basically is styrofoam covered with a very thin piece of aluminum with a black power coated texture. If I would of seen this cover in person I would not have purchased but is is what it is. Oh and it will leak for sure no doubt about it it is just the way that it is made nothing can fix that poor design and manufacturing

good looking top

RealTruck

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Occupation
RealTruck 3rd Party Sales Representative
@RealTruck
I'm in the same boat. What gives? Are they sending out newer covers with older rails?
I am getting this taken care of for you. Looking at the pictures on the ticket I see what's wrong. There are a couple of different types of rail end caps that fit the different rail profiles they use. It is 100% our fault that the correct ones weren't sent out the first time and I do apologize for this inconvenience

Fcmalie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I'm glad I didn't have any issues with my Bak Revolver cover, but have definitely read some horror stories. The Revolver cover works well, but will need to see how it pairs with my bed rack before deciding if I'm keeping it or not.

ScooterInTX

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
I am getting this taken care of for you. Looking at the pictures on the ticket I see what's wrong. There are a couple of different types of rail end caps that fit the different rail profiles they use. It is 100% our fault that the correct ones weren't sent out the first time and I do apologize for this inconvenience
This is what it looked like out of the box
Jeep Gladiator Installed Bakflip MX4 today Shipped

This is the first "fix" that was sent and obviously, didn't fit
Jeep Gladiator Installed Bakflip MX4 today First Try

I reached back out to "customer support" at RealTruck about the replacement part not fitting, and this is what they sent
Jeep Gladiator Installed Bakflip MX4 today Second Try

Chalk this one up to a life lesson I guess. They know that it's too much hassle to return anything like this so I get what I get.
Sponsored