First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S with max tow package, 2008 Suburban LTZ
Occupation
ICU Nurse
JBL 8 channel amp and Sound Ordinance powered sub. I called in sick to install it. Man oh man is it ever an upgrade. This is probably my favorite mod to date. I was gonna do an install post but Insane Audio has a great install help page with a BUNCH of short YouTube videos that covers everything so why reinvent the wheel?
https://insaneaudio.com/JL3001_VInstall/JL3001_VInstall.html
I put the sub behind the rear passenger seat and the amp I attached to a panel under and to the right of the glove box. There's a ground post under the front passenger seat right underneath the center console.

20210702_113651.jpg

Lateral to the ground post is a grommet in the floor of the cab. I drilled through that and run the power cables through there and along the frame and up into the engine compartment.

I ran all new speaker wires because on the basic sound system the speakers run parallel and I wanted each speaker on a channel. I upgraded the dash speakers and the kicker panel speakers with the Metra speaker pods and 6 inch speakers. I also replaced the sound bar speakers with one 6 inch 3 ways speaker on each side.
20210329_174313.jpg

The JBL amp has an internal DSP that can program each channel out with a 31 band EQ. And then the JL3001. I don't even know where to start. It is like an IPAD mounted to your dash. It is absolutely amazing. It turns on instantly and the Nav is almost instant when turning it on. I can't wait to explore it's functions more.

20210702_202710.jpg
Sponsored

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
I definetly need to do something to improve the audio in mine. I don’t care about navy or any of the other stuff really since the JT is a weekend toy only. What kind of dough are we talking about to do something along these lines?

OP
OP
red/green hawk

red/green hawk

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ICU Nurse
I definetly need to do something to improve the audio in mine. I don’t care about navy or any of the other stuff really since the JT is a weekend toy only. What kind of dough are we talking about to do something along these lines?
I dropped around 2k. I've been planning it for awhile so I've been getting things here and there. Considering the Alpine Premium system is about $1,900 it's worth it. I don't want to start anything with the premium guys but what I just did sounds WAY better. The JL3001 is amazing!!! It is cheaper at Quadratec. The Insane Audio tech guys are great to respond to any questions.

FloridaJT6MT

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Willys
Still liking the IA unit? Do you use CarPlay on it at all?

OP
OP
red/green hawk

red/green hawk

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ICU Nurse
Still liking the IA unit? Do you use CarPlay on it at all?
Love it. Can't speak to Carplay though as I have an android and the interface is flawless, but this might help.

https://insanejeepaudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4437

My understanding is that iphone users have had some difficulty but it's doable and not that big of deal compared to how awesome the head unit is.

Not disappointed whatsoever. Worth it 1000%.

Sponsored

FloridaJT6MT

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Willys
OP
OP
red/green hawk

red/green hawk

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ICU Nurse
Thank you for that link!
IA's customer service is 2nd to none. I'm not the most tech savvy and there is ao much to learn on the JL3001 it can be overwhelming but they offer lifetime tech support and have answered all my many, many questions either over phone or by email within a couple hours or first thing next day. I really can't begin to tell how responsive and helpful they have been.

OP
OP
red/green hawk

red/green hawk

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ICU Nurse
Is the backup camera image as crisp on this screen?
Absolutely, I'll have to take a pic and post when I get a chance. Fills up the entire 10" screen. But I'm comparing it to my old 5" radio.

Sponsored

Beemer533

First Name
Zion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
Field Engineer
Sorry to revive an older thread, but I am looking at getting the IA head unit as I really want to have Gaia and other apps without needing my tablet.

Are you still happy with the IA?

Couple of other questions;

will it stay on when you shut off the truck like the stock unit?

If you have driven without the doors on, does it shut itself off or do you need to turn it off?

How many camera inputs does it have? Reading online I can't seem to find a specific answer.

Is it still running android 9 or has it been updated further at all?

Sorry for all the questions lol, and I appreciate any feedback.

OP
OP
red/green hawk

red/green hawk

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ICU Nurse
Are you still happy with the IA?

Couple of other questions;

will it stay on when you shut off the truck like the stock unit?

If you have driven without the doors on, does it shut itself off or do you need to turn it off?

How many camera inputs does it have? Reading online I can't seem to find a specific answer.

Is it still running android 9 or has it been updated further at all?
I still LOVE it. If you use your phone as a hotspot it can do anything your tablet can do. If there's an app in the app store it's compatible.

1. The unit stays on when you shut the truck off. And for a lot longer time period than the stock radio. I believe it stays on as long as ACC so about 20 minutes or so.

2. Haven't had doors off yet. But with doors open it shuts off when the truck is turned off.

3. It has 2. You can wirelessly control GoPros from the unit too.

4. It still runs off of Android 9.0.

Beemer533

First Name
Zion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
Field Engineer
Awesome, I appreciate the info! I think I'll probably grab one from Quadratec this week. Looking forward to ditching uconnect...

BrentMG

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Service Member
I still LOVE it. If you use your phone as a hotspot it can do anything your tablet can do. If there's an app in the app store it's compatible.
Do you have a TAZER as well? If so, were you able to get the camera showing when you use your turn signals?

OP
OP
red/green hawk

red/green hawk

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ICU Nurse
Do you have a TAZER as well? If so, were you able to get the camera showing when you use your turn signals?
I do have a Tazer but am not familiar with that function. The backup camera comes on with the trurn signal?
Sponsored